Vrabel’s End of Season Presser

Jonboy

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Titans went 11-5 and won the division after going to the AFC title game. Robinson and Vrabel will go into the offseason, evaluate the roster and self scout. I'm confident they'll make proper adjus

If Vrabel isn't going to hire a real DC this year, then Robinson should give him the same ultimatum he gave Mularkey when it came to Robiskie.

Put me firmly in the it would be idiotic to gamble on Clowney staying healthy camp, there simply isn't salary cap room this offseason to gamble on guys who you can't be confident will be healthy and a

Posted Images

Say what you want, but Bowen wasn't officially given the DC title and there's a reason for that. Bowen may have led walkthroughs and "called plays," but it's obvious that Vrabel is running the show. Vrabel's defense, directed by Bowen, but Vrabel is a terrible coach and Bowen wasn't ready for his role.

I always assumed Vrabel purposely kept some vagueness to shield Bowen from full blame and criticism. He sure as hell better hire a real DC next year and not shield his puppet.

At the very least it does sound like they will evaluate the coaches aka Bowen as a DC (I assume he would still stay as OLB), Haslett (ILB), and Midget (DB). Those are the three that really need to be evaluated as players in these position groups regressed the most/worst. Williams is probably very safe seeing as the DL didn't have much talent behind Simmons to begin with. 

3 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

At the very least it does sound like they will evaluate the coaches aka Bowen as a DC (I assume he would still stay as OLB), Haslett (ILB), and Midget (DB). Those are the three that really need to be evaluated as players in these position groups regressed the most/worst. Williams is probably very safe seeing as the DL didn't have much talent behind Simmons to begin with. 

Williams is safe in theory, but there are two dynamics at play here 

1) Vrabel guarantees coaches 2 years in exchange for 2 years service from them, barring a HC promotion (in LaFleur's case). This could keep Midget, Haslett safe but make Williams and Booker fireable. We'll see if he really holds true to that philosophy or not. 

2) Anthony Weaver could potentially replace Williams as DL coach, but I wouldn't consider it likely

Edited by tgo

• Jonboy pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, BaddKarma said:

Can't wait to see JRob's end of the year presser. His decisions need some serious scrutiny.

Has Robinson ever done one of these?

Not that I recall. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic