Vrabel’s End of Season Presser

Jonboy

It kind of annoys me how flippant Vrabel was about “titles”. Like, he didn’t think “titles” would be such a big deal?  Well, why the fuck do you have to be the only coach ever to not name a DC? And maybe it wouldn’t have been a huge deal if the defense didn’t completely collapse. Do things always have to be difficult? And he wasn’t really clear at all that Bowen was the DC, he was the OLB coach & Vrabel insinuated that he would make some defensive calls. Thats It.

Same with the OC search 2 years  ago. They were supposedly interviewing guys but of course they can’t say who they interviewed. No other team has ever done cstuff like this, been so secretive. So don’t act shocked when the media & fans are pissed off that you’re big shotting them & not talking about things that every coach & team have always talked about, like injuries & potential staff. It’s annoying.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Titans went 11-5 and won the division after going to the AFC title game. Robinson and Vrabel will go into the offseason, evaluate the roster and self scout. I'm confident they'll make proper adjus

If Vrabel isn't going to hire a real DC this year, then Robinson should give him the same ultimatum he gave Mularkey when it came to Robiskie.

Put me firmly in the it would be idiotic to gamble on Clowney staying healthy camp, there simply isn't salary cap room this offseason to gamble on guys who you can't be confident will be healthy and a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

You've got no room to say anything on this, Dolphin fan.

I wouldn't lump in Clowney with this group.  It didn't work out for other reasons.  Effort on the field wasn't one of them.

Ive always said this about Clowney. You cannot be one of the best run defenders in the league without playing very hard. Run defense is a bit like defense in basketball, pure effort  is a big part of it. Plus he was basically injured the whole time he played here, and still played very good run defense. 

I understand why the fans were disappointed. The no sacks sucked. But I would bring him back. We could probably get him for $10 mil max, he’ll be healthy, provide great run defense along with a lot of pressures, and can also rush from the interior spot. 

The one thing about him is, I don’t think it’s that he doesn’t like football as much as he just seems to have zero loyalty or affinity to staying with one team. There’s a difference in looking out for yourself & being a mercenary for lack of better term. But I have a feeling he has a big bounce back year.

9 minutes ago, Downtown said:

I swear Vrabel will dangle anyone but himself out there to fry. What a coward. 

This is such bullshit. Vrabel annoys me at times but this is exactly what I want to hear. He’s the HC, if he wasn’t happy with an assistant, you fire them. Did you prefer when Mike Mularkey pulled his crybaby passive aggressive routine & said he didn’t need to review any of his coaches, they were all coming back?

Just now, tgo said:

@Face - he's more like Suh - a true mercenary. But a hard working mercenary, he's just one of those weird cats that prefers to train on his own. 

There may be a place for him here still at the right price, imo

The only other realistic spots I could see for him are NO and BAL.  Just depends whether or not we offer enough and whether he chooses to return here.  I kinda wish we had a full complement on defense when he was healthy though (coordinator included) and moved him around all over the place.

Just now, rns90 said:

The only other realistic spots I could see for him are NO and BAL.  Just depends whether or not we offer enough and whether he chooses to return here.  I kinda wish we had a full complement on defense when he was healthy though (coordinator included) and moved him around all over the place.

If they were to retain him - should be able to acquire a nice pass rush piece early enough in the draft who can make a difference with this edge class. 

Depends on price, but I think it's highly likely Clowney returns. For what he will cost, a healthy Clowney might still be the most significant difference maker we could sign. Everyone was frustrated with his role last year, but in retrospect he was the only one at times penetrating and disrupting plays. 

The issue they need to address is his role leading to a loss in gap integrity and gashes in the run game. I blamed him early on, but now I think it was more related to terrible coaching and scheme.

If they sign Clowney, I still fully expect them to sign a guy like Kerrigan, and to draft a prospect for the future. They need immediate starters and depth, so it will take both FA and draft investment.

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

If they were to retain him - should be able to acquire a nice pass rush piece early enough in the draft who can make a difference with this edge class. 

I'd still draft another guy (lengthier pass rusher) on the assumption that Clowney will miss some time with injuries.  I'd consider him more as a rotational piece if he does get retained.  They need more edge rushers--3 isn't enough.

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

I'd still draft another guy (lengthier pass rusher) on the assumption that Clowney will miss some time with injuries.  I'd consider him more as a rotational piece if he does get retained.  They need more edge rushers--3 isn't enough.

Yeah, and still have Roberson in reserve as a 4th or 5th piece. If they would use him correctly. 

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Put me firmly in the it would be idiotic to gamble on Clowney staying healthy camp, there simply isn't salary cap room this offseason to gamble on guys who you can't be confident will be healthy and available.

You can't bet on him being healthy, but you'd like to get 10 games out of him and for him to be available for the playoffs. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic