30 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

If one of you conservative assholes goes on a racist or violent tirade and Guru et al don't do something about it the provider that hosts this site has every right to shut us down if someone sues. That would suck for the overwhelming majority of us but as usual in life, a few assholes ruin it for everyone else. If Parler were moderating it's platform instead of allowing insurrectionists to hatch a plan they hoped would stop democracy they'd still be around.

Even on this board there are limits and the limits are there to protect both the people who run it as well as the users that use it responsibly. You can't see that because your feelings are hurt and now that Trump is gone, your side can't run roughshod over the rest of us anymore. The right has been preaching about taking responsibility and consequences as long as I've been alive. Welp; welcome to consequences.

So where were these nutjobs before Parler? Oh, Twitter and Facebook. Was Twitter or Facebook ever shutdown and deplatformed?

You are a fucking tool if you think this is not problematic. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How does that old saying go?  "A racist seditionist and his freedom are quickly parted."

You guys truly are short sighted. Your hatred for Trump and anyone that supports him has no bounds. Parler was shutdown in 48 hrs because of some of its posters comments. Is Twitter deplatformed

If one of you conservative assholes goes on a racist or violent tirade and Guru et al don't do something about it the provider that hosts this site has every right to shut us down if someone sues. Tha

Posted Images

Just now, LongTimeFan said:

So where were these nutjobs before Parler? Oh, Twitter and Facebook. Was Twitter or Facebook ever shutdown and deplatformed?

Do you think it is not problematic to protect the ability for domestic terrorists to actively organize more violent attacks?

The nutjobs got shutdown and deplatformed from Twitter and Facebook.  Eventually.

The whole reason the Trump campaign pushed Parler was to evade the standards of Twitter and Facebook.  It would have worked great too, if hadn't been for that violent coup they immediately tried to pull off via Parler.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

You're right they were on twitter and facebook. They were the same people on twitter/facebook that were crying about their free speech being violated because those platforms were doing their fucking jobs and moderating the shit out of them by taking down their dangerous posts, suspending them, and later tagging their fake news as fake news. That's why those platforms aren't being shutdown vs Parler. Those platforms understood that they could lose everything and thus moderated their platforms, Parler explicitly chose not to and was never going to.

Do you not realize that the reason these people fled the more popular platforms was precisely so they they would be able to post their bullshit with no obstacles? You're really surprised that Parler was derelict in their duty to stomp out that non-protected speech when being able to post whatever you wanted was the platform's #1 selling point. C'mon bro. Stop playing dumb. You're smarter than that. 

All this and wringing about Big Tech has been well signaled early on by conservatives.  This was the plan - get banned from Facebook and Twitter, consolidate on Parler.  It was a smart plan.

What they didn't count on was that after inciting a violent attack, Parler itself would be deplatformed.  This was a dumb plan, and obviously Trump's idea.

If Trump had taken steps to ensure the proper security of the Capitol, toned things down a bit in the speeches, and otherwise ensured that there wasn't a violent seditious mob, Parler would still be around and Parler would still be the #1 app.

3 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Btw this is the kind of stuff being organized by these nutjobs: 

You really want to tell me that a platform that allows this to go unchecked shouldn't be held responsible? 

These fucktards really need to make up their minds. 

was ashli antifa or not? Lol

3 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Hey idiot... why do you think they went to Parler? 

They got their shit silenced fir breaking ToS on FB/Twitter. 

3 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Btw this is the kind of stuff being organized by these nutjobs: 

You really want to tell me that a platform that allows this to go unchecked shouldn't be held responsible? 

I like the 3rd plot involving encircling the Capitol. Good thing there aren’t private underground walkways/subways from the congressional office buildings to the Capitol. Oh wait...

37 minutes ago, TitansFan777 said:

I like the 3rd plot involving encircling the Capitol. Good thing there aren’t private underground walkways/subways from the congressional office buildings to the Capitol. Oh wait...

As I remember they knew where a lot of the entrances and exits were to those tunnels. Someone on the inside was helping them. It’s going to be really interesting to watch the investigations unfold. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

As I remember they knew where a lot of the entrances and exits were to those tunnels. Someone on the inside was helping them. It’s going to be really interesting to watch the investigations unfold. 

Outside of any emergency exits up the the surface, I believe all of those tunnels are pretty well marked within the Capitol and the buildings themselves. They aren’t really secrets, but are protected...to what degree, however, I don’t know.