tgo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice to see an official dc search is happening   

Has any college coach ever hired prominent NFL coaches like Saban? Alabama has almost become NFL lite.

Anybody got any up for grabs?    I'm thinking Brayden Coombs (or Brad Seely), Bill O'Brien (or Todd Downing), Romeo Crennel (or Matt Patricia).    Let's re-tool this motherfucker. 

Posted Images

Has anybody mentioned Aaron Glenn at DC? He’s very well liked & has done a great job with the NO secondary. Lattimore & Marcus Williams are studs. And Eli Apple & Jenoris Jenkins got a lot better in NO. Did a good job with Chauncey Gardner to. 

Was a great corner himself & said Parcells was his biggest influence as a coach. Big fan of Glenn.

56 minutes ago, Face said:

Has any college coach ever hired prominent NFL coaches like Saban? Alabama has almost become NFL lite.

Guys float around Alabama while they’re getting paid out by the team that fired them. In BOB’s case I wonder if he can get paid by Bama and Houston at the same time. I know with butch jones he basically did a free assistanceship for them while UT footed the bill. 

7 hours ago, Face said:

Side note: I knew Belichick and Saban were close, but never realized that Saban was Belichick’s DC with the Browns and also secondary coach for the Oilers before that. 

Glad BOB is out of the picture. Can’t say he’d be a good fit for what we’re building after the fiasco that went on inside the buildings in Houston this past season.

I think promoting an OC from within makes sense. We have an identity and a formula of how we want to play. I think a guy like Downing can take what LaFleur and Smith have done and possibly elevate it to a degree while providing continuity.

13 minutes ago, Aramis said:

I think promoting an OC from within makes sense. We have an identity and a formula of how we want to play. I think a guy like Downing can take what LaFleur and Smith have done and possibly elevate it to a degree while providing continuity.

This is what I'm hoping. 

Keith Carter would be the second option imo, but Downing stands head and shoulders above the rest of the staff as being qualified. 

Edited by tgo

Btw, may want o keep an eye on Bill Callahan as an outside option with him being a zone run fit and with how much Vrabel was raving about being enamored with that Browns run game. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Vrabel poach him. 

Edited by tgo

• tgo changed the title to Titans Coordinator/Assistant Coach Thread