Titans Coordinator/Assistant Coach Thread

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice to see an official dc search is happening   

Has any college coach ever hired prominent NFL coaches like Saban? Alabama has almost become NFL lite.

Anybody got any up for grabs?    I'm thinking Brayden Coombs (or Brad Seely), Bill O'Brien (or Todd Downing), Romeo Crennel (or Matt Patricia).    Let's re-tool this motherfucker. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Bulluck4dmvp said:

The better question is, who is the more likely candidate to be the sacrificial lamb - Bowen or Aukerman?

Bowen isn't going anywhere, he'd just retain his position as OLB coach most likely. 

Auckerman was brought here by Mularkey. Bowen is a loyal Vrabel guy and has followed him around from place to place. Ohio State>Houston>Tennessee

If we replace lost coaches with more Ohio State connections that have comparatively less experience than normal for the position, I'm going to call for Vrabel's head.

I need to see growth this offseason, not nepotism and denial.

Couple other DC options I found:

Jerod Mayo: Obvious patriot connection and it doesn't appear he's been elevated from linebackers coach to DC yet in New England. I believe Belichick has been calling the defensive plays the last two years as well. If the Patriots bring Matt Patricia back I could see Mayo coming here for an increased role. 

Anthony Campanile: Dolphins linebacker coach. No Patriots connections here except that they played really well and he coached under Flores. 

Teryl Austin: Current Senior Defensive assistant for the Steelers and former DC for Cinci and Detroit. His Detroit defenses were highly ranked and he's also spent time with the Ravens and Seahawks. I imagine this wouldn't be Vrabel's first pick but perhaps, if JRob is calling the shots, Austin could be an option. Slight Steelers' connection with Vrabel as well. 

3 minutes ago, Thrill said:

Couple other DC options I found:

Jerod Mayo: Obvious patriot connection and it doesn't appear he's been elevated from linebackers coach to DC yet in New England. I believe Belichick has been calling the defensive plays the last two years as well. If the Patriots bring Matt Patricia back I could see Mayo coming here for an increased role. 

Anthony Campanile: Dolphins linebacker coach. No Patriots connections here except that they played really well and he coached under Flores. 

Teryl Austin: Current Senior Defensive assistant for the Steelers and former DC for Cinci and Detroit. His Detroit defenses were highly ranked and he's also spent time with the Ravens and Seahawks. I imagine this wouldn't be Vrabel's first pick but perhaps, if JRob is calling the shots, Austin could be an option. Slight Steelers' connection with Vrabel as well. 

I really like Austin

For the offense, I'll wait to see who Art Smith takes with him. If possible, I'd like to promote from within and then try to infill the openings with College/Up and coming guys. If we promote from within on this side we prevent some of the inevitable exodus that goes with Art Smith. The offense has been good and we've seen player development at every position group. I'd hate to stir the pot when everything has been working pretty well.

On the other hand, and @tgo has said this, the fear with promoting from within is that Vrabel will still be highly influential in the offensive strategy. The perk of someone like Bill O Brien is that he would do what he wants with the offense. 

Edited by Thrill
  • tgo changed the title to Titans Coordinator/Assistant Coach Thread