The 2020 Titans were a for Real Championship Team!

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

When I said a few weeks ago the goal was to win the SB, you said I was cuckoo.  Again, repeating my correctness doesn't make you win over me.  I said, second best team in this run.  We are in the Mariota run.  This was year four.  These windows don't last for much more than that really, but I think do to the mastery of JRob we can get more than usual.

Again, my original post award #1 2019 Titans,  #2 2020 Titans,  #3 2018 Titans.  This team faced some unusual adversity and still won 11 games.

We have a badass GM.  We have a badass HC, who needs to be gagged when deciding "certain" things.

No you went on some rambling post about how it wasn't going to happen because Vrabel had too much say in personnel (with no proof mind you) on the moves that didn't work.  Basically that any Robinson move under scrutiny was Vrabel's fault................Remember?

I did point out that while the team goal is winning the SB, a fan's reasonable expectations shouldn't expect a SB.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d like to take a moment and appreciate AJ Brown and the season he had while hobbled with an ankle injury. Also had a great game today, too. 

The 2020 Titans were one of the best teams of this current run.  You have to give #1 to the 2019 Titans, but only by a hair.  The 2020 Titans came out of the gate playing against the deck.  Somehow, g

The management of the team this year was piss poor. From the draft, to free agency, to the hiring of coaches, Vrable and Robinson did a horrible job. There performance really is grounds for

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

No you went on some rambling post about how it wasn't going to happen because Vrabel had too much say in personnel (with no proof mind you) on the moves that didn't work.  Basically that any Robinson move under scrutiny was Vrabel's fault................Remember?

I did point out that while the team goal is winning the SB, a fan's reasonable expectations shouldn't expect a SB.

You are the most agreeable-disagreeable person I know.  You agree I said it, then you disagree about why.  My statement still stands.  The goal of the formation and the 2020 Titans team was to win the SB.  I already showed the offensive improvements which you claim is not better than last year's.  IF (IF) Beasley and Clowney did 80% what we expected this team would be playing this coming weekend and might have been hosting.  Lewan-LT. Adoree-CB. A team cannot afford to lose players like those two.  Jayon Brown, I seem to remember him making some remarkable plays @Ravens last year.

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

You are the most agreeable-disagreeable person I know.  You agree I said it, then you disagree about why.  My statement still stands.  The goal of the formation and the 2020 Titans team was to win the SB.  I already showed the offensive improvements which you claim is not better than last year's.  IF (IF) Beasley and Clowney did 80% what we expected this team would be playing this coming weekend and might have been hosting.  Lewan-LT. Adoree-CB. A team cannot afford to lose players like those two.  Jayon Brown, I seem to remember him making some remarkable plays @Ravens last year.

The goal of the team since Robinson hired Vrabel was to win the SB.  2018.  2019.  Same for all of the other playoff teams, especially the perennial ones like KC, Seattle, GB, and up until this year NE. 

On paper, the moves made in the offseason looked to address issues but they did not.  Hence, why you tried to blame it on Vrabel.....

In reality, the Titans WERE NOT legitimate SB contenders because their defense had the same flaws it had in 2019 along with a worse defensive coaching staff, injuries, and a regression of some other players.  Add in the bad ST play.   

As for your details, the offense was not #1 overall in scoring.  They were 4th.  They were 2nd in the 10 games Tannehill started last year.....It was plenty good enough to win a SB though even with the stupid run/pass ratio on conflicted downs issue.

1 minute ago, BudsOilers said:

The goal of the team since Robinson hired Vrabel was to win the SB.  2018.  2019.  Same for all of the other playoff teams, especially the perennial ones like KC, Seattle, GB, and up until this year NE. 

On paper, the moves made in the offseason looked to address issues but they did not.  Hence, why you tried to blame it on Vrabel.....

In reality, the Titans WERE NOT legitimate SB contenders because their defense had the same flaws it had in 2019 along with a worse defensive coaching staff, injuries, and a regression of some other players.  Add in the bad ST play.   

As for your details, the offense was not #1 overall in scoring.  They were 4th.  They were 2nd in the 10 games Tannehill started last year.....It was plenty good enough to win a SB though even with the stupid run/pass ratio on conflicted downs issue.

Correct!  I see you are a good student.  Vrabel is a terrific HC.  I think we are nearing a new era in football where HC is the job, period.  The HC will assume the responsibility of HC.  He will not be trying to hold other positions on the team, such as DC, OC or GM.  Technology has changed everything, even the NFL.  A HC just doesn't have time to keep up with all his responsibilities and be DC too.

Vrabel, got his nose too far into a couple of areas this year that hurt the team badly.  Clowney was Vrabel's choice, no doubt about that.  I believe he had JRob believing he could make(I'm not sure what out of his little skinny butt) Rev Victor Beasley a force to fear on the Titans front.  Add in this curious he is/he ain't the DC.  That is NOT what you do.

5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Correct!  I see you are a good student.  Vrabel is a terrific HC.  I think we are nearing a new era in football where HC is the job, period.  The HC will assume the responsibility of HC.  He will not be trying to hold other positions on the team, such as DC, OC or GM.  Technology has changed everything, even the NFL.  A HC just doesn't have time to keep up with all his responsibilities and be DC too.

Vrabel, got his nose too far into a couple of areas this year that hurt the team badly.  Clowney was Vrabel's choice, no doubt about that.  I believe he had JRob believing he could make(I'm not sure what out of his little skinny butt) Rev Victor Beasley a force to fear on the Titans front.  Add in this curious he is/he ain't the DC.  That is NOT what you do.

Wrong......Robinson has full control/final say on personnel.  Vrabel also wasn't the DC (Bowen was w/o the formal title) nor was he the OC.  

Vrabel's culpable for his staffing choices albeit even then, he reports to Robinson.  

6 hours ago, RocketBills2 said:

Why would you come at me like that?  I'm trying to cheer you guys up and remind you that next year is gonna be a huge year for the Titans!!  Never give up and don't lose heart!!  gooooooooooooo titans!!!  yaaaaaaas!

We got rid of ME, now this week we lose you. That's a win.

2 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

Wrong......Robinson has full control/final say on personnel.  Vrabel also wasn't the DC (Bowen was w/o the formal title) nor was he the OC.  

Vrabel's culpable for his staffing choices albeit even then, he reports to Robinson.  

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/team/coaches-roster/

Go there to see for yourself who the DC is.  Now, if you fancy some deep throat bs,  might as well claim Miss Amy is the DC.  T-Rac?  

I agree JRob is responsible.  I want him to stand up to Vrabel.  Don't let him impose his will over him.  

Vrabel and Byard both confirmed today that Bowen was the de facto DC - running the defensive meetings and calling the plays.  Of course, this isn't new information......

I sure hope wittle JRob can finally stand up to big bad Vrabel........LOL.  JRob hired Vrabel...........

14 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Vrabel and Byard both confirmed today that Bowen was the de facto DC - running the defensive meetings and calling the plays.  Of course, this isn't new information......

I sure hope wittle JRob can finally stand up to big bad Vrabel........LOL.  JRob hired Vrabel...........

Underlings will always fall on the knife.  Titans need to get a real DC. We need a real one, not playing some game about who the DC really is.    Masked DC  Guess who it is.  BS

Hey look, It's Shane Bowen.  Well, I'll be damn.  I sure thought it was Mike Vrabel.

Edited by Number9
6 hours ago, Number9 said:

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/team/coaches-roster/

Go there to see for yourself who the DC is.  Now, if you fancy some deep throat bs,  might as well claim Miss Amy is the DC.  T-Rac?  

I agree JRob is responsible.  I want him to stand up to Vrabel.  Don't let him impose his will over him.  

Remember a couple of months ago before the Ravens game when I clued you in about how Clowney and Beasley became Titans.  Go read this thread, so you can get your new talking points together.