The 2020 Titans were a for Real Championship Team!

When we look back a year from now or 2 years; I think if we aren't in a position to win it all it's the 2019 season that will sting most. Because This year I think our Defensive situation made it less likely than 19 season to win the Superbowl. By week 10 & heading into the playoffs I felt more comfortable in the 2019 season than I did 2020 season at week 10 heading into the playoffs. I absolutely have no doubt the Titans would have won the Superbowl last year if we had played any team an ounce less than than what the Chiefs were. They simply had to many weapons. 

Obviously all Titans fans are disappointed. But you're naive if you thought this teams was Superbowl caliber. It was old and we won some good games after, But Losing to the Bengals the way we did spoke Volumes to me.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d like to take a moment and appreciate AJ Brown and the season he had while hobbled with an ankle injury. Also had a great game today, too. 

The 2020 Titans were one of the best teams of this current run.  You have to give #1 to the 2019 Titans, but only by a hair.  The 2020 Titans came out of the gate playing against the deck.  Somehow, g

The management of the team this year was piss poor. From the draft, to free agency, to the hiring of coaches, Vrable and Robinson did a horrible job. There performance really is grounds for

Posted Images

3 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

I assume the OP is satirical? 

It was very evident early in the season that the defense was nowhere near championship caliber and that the ST units were shaky as well.

The irony is that the defense played pretty well yesterday and kept them in it but you are not going to win many playoff games with 13 points.

I don't think anybody expected you to get it.  The 2020 Titans lost 22M in FA and their #1, #2, #3 draft picks for most of the season, yet some how went 11-5.  Taylor Lewan and Jayon Brown went down.  I did not say they would have won the SB, what I said was they were a top NFL team, better than the 11-5, AFC South title and one playoff game they produced.

There are plenty of threads running down the team.  If you want to run them down after the valiant efforts they made this year, go do it in one of them.  Satire?  I really don't think you understand a lot of things you babble on and on about.

39 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I don't think anybody expected you to get it.  The 2020 Titans lost 22M in FA and their #1, #2, #3 draft picks for most of the season, yet some how went 11-5.  Taylor Lewan and Jayon Brown went down.  I did not say they would have won the SB, what I said was they were a top NFL team, better than the 11-5, AFC South title and one playoff game they produced.

There are plenty of threads running down the team.  If you want to run them down after the valiant efforts they made this year, go do it in one of them.  Satire?  I really don't think you understand a lot of things you babble on and on about.

They underachieved, largely in part to getting next to nothing out of their free agency and draft additions on top of the apparent regression in coaching....Yay! 

They did some good things - especially on offense, played hard, etc.  That being said, the known weaknesses on the team were not addressed with their solutions.  Bad decisions?  Bad luck?  Don't care.  It's a results business.

Winning a division is hollow when you are one and done, especially in HOW they lost the playoff game.  And LOL about injuries - every team battles injuries.

In a team's championship window, like this one clearly is, a one and done playoff appearance is pretty meh. 

Edited by BudsOilers
3 hours ago, RocketBills2 said:

Why would you come at me like that?  I'm trying to cheer you guys up and remind you that next year is gonna be a huge year for the Titans!!  Never give up and don't lose heart!!  gooooooooooooo titans!!!  yaaaaaaas!

You guys are fucked. Allen is going to come back down to earth just watch 

12 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

They underachieved, largely in part to getting next to nothing out of their free agency and draft additions on top of the apparent regression in coaching....Yay!

Winning a division is hollow when you are one and done, especially in HOW they lost the playoff game.  And LOL about injuries - every team battles injuries.

Thanks for repeating what I said.  The fact that they won 11 games and the division title shows right there the almost certain probability the team would have been even better.  

Repeat after me.  This team won 11 games and never gave up.  Our goal after the playoffs last year, improve the pass rush,  build a team to beat KC, win the South and get at least on home game.

Results.  Highest scoring offense in the NFL.  Won South.  Hosted a playoff game.

I fail to understand what it is you don't see, except maybe that I said it.

22 minutes ago, RocketBills2 said:

quit crying and move on!!  henry and tranny will back with a vengeance!!! 

Shew!  You go on now.  You guys are hosting a divisional game.  By happy.  Nobody here is crying.  We played you when more of our pieces were present, be thankful our team fell apart.

31 minutes ago, Stan said:

You guys are fucked. Allen is going to come back down to earth just watch 

that's fine.  it's just a game.  Life is so much more than football.  If they lose, great.  They have a ton to build on going into next season. I feel the same about the titans.  so get over it, stop being a bitch, and enjoy life!!

3 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Thanks for repeating what I said.  The fact that they won 11 games and the division title shows right there the almost certain probability the team would have been even better.  

Repeat after me.  This team won 11 games and never gave up.  Our goal after the playoffs last year, improve the pass rush,  build a team to beat KC, win the South and get at least on home game.

Results.  Highest scoring offense in the NFL.  Won South.  Hosted a playoff game.

I fail to understand what it is you don't see, except maybe that I said it.

Wrong.  The goal was to win a SB and they didn't even win a playoff game.  Remember when JRob and Vrabel said the goal was championships and that winning a playoff game wasn't good enough?

Good to Great?  No it was good to good.  The offense was basically the same in 2020 as in 2019 (once RT took over) in terms of success/efficiency.  The defense slipped badly.  ST was among the worst in football, even with Kern.

They had a good team and did some good things but winning the division but one and done wasn't progress.

1 minute ago, RocketBills2 said:

that's fine.  it's just a game.  Life is so much more than football.  If they lose, great.  They have a ton to build on going into next season. I feel the same about the titans.  so get over it, stop being a bitch, and enjoy life!!

Come on you’re gonna cry if you lose which you will. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Come on you’re gonna cry if you lose which you will. 

Only a true sports fan knows the agony of defeat in such a manner that it can and sometimes does make a grown man cry.....you DEFINETLY cried after losing to the Ravens.  No shame in that.  Dry those tears and start preparing for the draft!!

5 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Wrong.  The goal was to win a SB and they didn't even win a playoff game.  Remember when JRob and Vrabel said the goal was championships and that winning a playoff game wasn't good enough?

Good to Great?  No it was good to good.  The offense was basically the same in 2020 as in 2019 (once RT took over) in terms of success/efficiency.  The defense slipped badly.  ST was among the worst in football, even with Kern.

They had a good team and did some good things but winning the division but one and done wasn't progress.

When I said a few weeks ago the goal was to win the SB, you said I was cuckoo.  Again, repeating my correctness doesn't make you win over me.  I said, second best team in this run.  We are in the Mariota run.  This was year four.  These windows don't last for much more than that really, but I think do to the mastery of JRob we can get more than usual.

Again, my original post award #1 2019 Titans,  #2 2020 Titans,  #3 2018 Titans.  This team faced some unusual adversity and still won 11 games.

We have a badass GM.  We have a badass HC, who needs to be gagged when deciding "certain" things.