The 2020 Titans were a for Real Championship Team!

Number9

The 2020 Titans were one of the best teams of this current run.  You have to give #1 to the 2019 Titans, but only by a hair.  The 2020 Titans came out of the gate playing against the deck.  Somehow, game after game they kept winning.  Others can explain it better than me, the hard luck this year's Team suffered.  But they showed the heart of champions by going on the field playing to win week after week.  They let nothing get them down, instead they came back after every setback going forward to that next victory.

The quality of players Robinson has filled this roster with are comparable to any other elite team in the NFL.  The season started with the new kicker missing XPs and FGs.  They lost elite LT Taylor Lewan week six.  Adoree Jackson didn't play a game until week sixteen.  The rookie CB taken in round two, got hurt his first month playing in the NFL.  Isaiah Wilson, OMG.  Clowney was playing through pain his first game. Vic Beasley was so bad he was cut.  The two of them were the Titans major FAs(22M) brought in the improve the pass rush.  Jayon Brown went down.  I'm sure I missed some, like Kelly being hurt too much to practice.  Quesenberry.  Who is that?  Every week, next man up came in and played.  JRob did his usual think bringing in players, like King to replace Joseph.

It may sound like I am making excuses for a team that fell off the map.  Nope.  Mike Vrabel has them ready to beat any who walks on the field every week they suit up.  No excuses, the 2020 Titans through all the adversity won eleven games and the AFC South division title.  They produced the #1 scoring offense in the NFL.  Derrick Henry won the rushing title for the second year in a row.  Ryan Tannehill was a top five QB and one of the most efficient passers in the league.  Second year WR A.J.Brown was selected All Pro along with Derrick Henry.  The Titans had two 1,000 yard receivers.

It's a downer that they didn't get to the SB like we wanted, but they had a very successful season.  11-5.  So let's celebrate the greatness of the team, the coaches , the GM and the owner.  We lick our wounds and begin preparing to win it all next season.  Head held high and ready to kick a MF ass if he tries to run our 2020 Titans down.

Edited by Number9

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d like to take a moment and appreciate AJ Brown and the season he had while hobbled with an ankle injury. Also had a great game today, too. 

The 2020 Titans were one of the best teams of this current run.  You have to give #1 to the 2019 Titans, but only by a hair.  The 2020 Titans came out of the gate playing against the deck.  Somehow, g

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Aramis said:

I’d like to take a moment and appreciate AJ Brown and the season he had while hobbled with an ankle injury. Also had a great game today, too. 

And was probably open for a deep catch on the late Raymond slip-over INT ?

17 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

If any of Clowney or Beasley panned out it might have been different. The DBs looked worse because there was no pass rush. Didn’t we end dead last in sacks? Would have been a great season if that happened. 

If it wasn't for stumbling across some blitzes that worked in week 17, they were on track for the lowest sack number by a playoff team in NFL history.

3 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Tanne was under duress all day. If you watched the game you saw what happened when he tried to make more than one read.  He thought Raymond would be open, which he was until he slipped. That said, I would have dialed up Brown anyway. Odds are much better of someone his size winning a contested ball.  He made some incredible catches yesterday.

That’s probably the biggest issue with the final offensive play call for me. I’d feel a lot better about a sideline throw to brown in that situation instead of going over the middle to Raymond. Don’t care how open he was, I’d rather put the game in the hands of my playmakers.

Raymond falling down there was just the exclamation mark of a frustrating day after a great start.

3 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Tanne was under duress all day. If you watched the game you saw what happened when he tried to make more than one read.  He thought Raymond would be open, which he was until he slipped. That said, I would have dialed up Brown anyway. Odds are much better of someone his size winning a contested ball.  He made some incredible catches yesterday.

That's what happens when you don't have both of your top OT from last season.  The OL held up decently for the last half of the season but couldn't hold up against a playoff pass rush.

The ravens gamelan to start the game was wrong. They tried attacking the Titans down the field and that caused them to play into our hands. We’re good at defending the deep shots because we’re focused on not getting beat deep. The Ravens right out the gate, adjusted second half and did what all teams would do to us. Dink and dunk for 7-10 yard zone beating gains that resulted in more after the catch because of how poor tackling team we are. Add to that Jackson’s willingness to run instead of forcing it deep cost us the game. Mahomes and the chiefs would have ate us up. Vrabel needs a long hard review for how bad truly bad this defense was. If nobody is fired, then I’m seriously going to question who the fuck is in charge. The raiders fired their guy midseason 

I assume the OP is satirical? 

It was very evident early in the season that the defense was nowhere near championship caliber and that the ST units were shaky as well.

The irony is that the defense played pretty well yesterday and kept them in it but you are not going to win many playoff games with 13 points.

3 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

I assume the OP is satirical? 

It was very evident early in the season that the defense was nowhere near championship caliber and that the ST units were shaky as well.

The irony is that the defense played pretty well yesterday and kept them in it but you are not going to win many playoff games with 13 points.

I don't think anybody expected you to get it.  The 2020 Titans lost 22M in FA and their #1, #2, #3 draft picks for most of the season, yet some how went 11-5.  Taylor Lewan and Jayon Brown went down.  I did not say they would have won the SB, what I said was they were a top NFL team, better than the 11-5, AFC South title and one playoff game they produced.

There are plenty of threads running down the team.  If you want to run them down after the valiant efforts they made this year, go do it in one of them.  Satire?  I really don't think you understand a lot of things you babble on and on about.

39 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I don't think anybody expected you to get it.  The 2020 Titans lost 22M in FA and their #1, #2, #3 draft picks for most of the season, yet some how went 11-5.  Taylor Lewan and Jayon Brown went down.  I did not say they would have won the SB, what I said was they were a top NFL team, better than the 11-5, AFC South title and one playoff game they produced.

There are plenty of threads running down the team.  If you want to run them down after the valiant efforts they made this year, go do it in one of them.  Satire?  I really don't think you understand a lot of things you babble on and on about.

They underachieved, largely in part to getting next to nothing out of their free agency and draft additions on top of the apparent regression in coaching....Yay! 

They did some good things - especially on offense, played hard, etc.  That being said, the known weaknesses on the team were not addressed with their solutions.  Bad decisions?  Bad luck?  Don't care.  It's a results business.

Winning a division is hollow when you are one and done, especially in HOW they lost the playoff game.  And LOL about injuries - every team battles injuries.

In a team's championship window, like this one clearly is, a one and done playoff appearance is pretty meh. 

Edited by BudsOilers

3 hours ago, RocketBills2 said:

Why would you come at me like that?  I'm trying to cheer you guys up and remind you that next year is gonna be a huge year for the Titans!!  Never give up and don't lose heart!!  gooooooooooooo titans!!!  yaaaaaaas!

You guys are fucked. Allen is going to come back down to earth just watch