16 minutes ago, Nash said:

Wouldn't Barmore and Simmons line up as DT's with Tart as a backup..that sure sounds like a change in philosophy to rushing 4 every down..

I think they are both versatile enough to play 3/5T. I don’t think either are the full time Nose but could play there on 3rd down passing situations etc 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shouldn't it be on to free agency first?

I have inside info that a number of Titan players are taking straight salary cuts freeing up 50M in salary cap space.  It's just happening 16 years later than predicted.   You guys got nothi

At this early stage of the process not knowing how FA plays out these are some of the guys I would be comfortable if we took at pick #22 (left guys out that I didn't think would still be there)  

2 minutes ago, TWR said:

I have seen this story, after this report others have reported the older established owners were not in favour of lifting the cap above the $175 million base agreed with the NFLPA.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08
3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I have seen this story, after this report others have reported the older established owners were not in favour of lifting the cap above the $175 million base agreed with the NFLPA.

Yeah that’s over a month old now. Last report was saying that several owners prefer to take the hit now vs spreading it out over a couple of years.

For me my top guys are similar to those stated. 

Nixon or Barmore would help give Simmons a legit weapon next to him. Hopefully remove some of those double teams he was continually facing.

At OLB, thus far from what I’ve watched, Patrick Jones II, Carlos Basham Jr., Jayson Oweh, and Jaelen Phillips would be my first round targets. A lot will depend on what kind of edge they bring in during Free Agency.

At ILB, Nick Bolton or Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah would be a a great replacement option if we move on from Jayon Brown.

Also really like Zaven Collins. He would actually be more of a tweener in the mold of Anthony Barr, but he would be a perfect fit for the role we currently play Landry in with the zone drops we ask. 

CB and Safety could also be options as well if there are some ballhawking types available. Guys like Jaycee Horn, Trevon Moehrig, or Patrick Surtain II. 

8 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Also really like Zaven Collins. He would actually be more of a tweener in the mold of Anthony Barr, but he would be a perfect fit for the role we currently play Landry in with the zone drops we ask. 

I’m seeing him mocked to us quite a bit and from what I read about him on the Athletic, sounds like a really good fit for us. Seems like he won’t make it to our pick though?

14 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

As I posted in the draft forum thread yesterday his play has been so bad this year his only realistic option might be returning to Ohio St to try and salvage his draft stock and entering the 2022 draft.

With how awful the Titans 2020 offseason was this team simply can't roll the dice on a guy like Wade who for whatever reason has seen his play absolutely fall off a cliff this year.

Give me Elijah Molden in the 3rd if he times well.

Putting the 2022 QB class aside it was already pretty much a certainty 4 QB's (Lawrence/Wilson/Fields/Lance) were going to be taken before the Titans pick at #22, but with what Brugler is hearing from NFL teams it will be interesting to watch what happens with Alabama QB Mac Jones who likely will be the 5th QB drafted.

With their cap situation and Big Ben looking pretty much done the Steelers could be absolutely desperate to draft a QB in the 2021 draft the question is will they  be aggressive enough to pursue a trade to get one of the top 4 guys or will they be the landing spot for Mac Jones.

3 minutes ago, SuperFreak90 said:

I'm guessing the Senior Bowl is cancelled, and Pro days will be all we can base on drafting players

No the Senior Bowl is going ahead in 2 weeks time they are creating a "bubble" in Mobile Alabama for the players/team personnel.

The Senior Bowl has raised extra money to put the expensive covid measures in place by getting NFL teams to buy their spot at the Senior Bowl.

Will be interesting to see whether the compensatory picks given for teams having minority staff hired away are slotted before or after the comp picks for losing players in FA.

This 3rd round comp for the Rams could push the Titans compensatory pick for losing Conklin down 1 slot to pick #101.

Found the information on where these compensatory picks for minority hires fall, they are directly after the 3rd round compensatory picks awarded for players lost in free agency.

The good news is the comp pick awarded to the Titans for losing Conklin will stay at pick #100 and the comp picks for minority hires will slot in afterwards.

Here is the exact rules from the NFL

(i) The employer-club of a minority employee who has been hired by another club as its Head Coach or Primary Football Executive (General Manager) shall receive Draft choice compensation in the form of a compensatory Draft pick in the third round in each of the next two Drafts for an employee hired as either a Head Coach or Primary Football Executive, or for the next three Drafts if it has two employees hired for both positions. The reference to the hiring of employees into “both positions” could be by the same club or different clubs. The following will apply to the Draft choice compensation:

a. Any compensatory Draft picks awarded pursuant to this Policy will be at the end of the third round following all compensatory Draft picks awarded to clubs pursuant to Appendix V of the NFL-NFLPA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
b. If multiple clubs are awarded compensatory Draft picks pursuant to this Policy, then the order of those picks at the end of the third round will follow the original selection order for that Draft established prior to any trades or other adjustments.