Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thinking back over the pre-draft process there is so much less information available than we usually have, below are the most notable Titans stuff that has been reported over the last couple of months

The 3 weeks before the draft mock draft   Pick #22 - Northwestern CB Greg Newsome II Pick #53 - North Carolina WR Dyami Brown Pick #85 - Notre Dame TE Tommy Tremble Pick #100

With the injury to Caleb Farley and the freakshow workout he had today you can forget about Jaycee Horn becoming a Titan.   The Cowboys will likely take Surtain at pick #10 and Horn will go

Posted Images

7 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

LOL gotta love Pro Day/Training Group 40's!

 

That 4.38 is legit. They used Full Automatic Timing (F.A.T) which is far more accurate than what the NFL has been using. I also believe that the semi-auto time is good too since it's comparable to what the NFL was using at the combine for years. Keep in mind that Eric Stokes was a legit 10.39 100m in HS and has likely gotten faster. I would absolutely take this kid in the 2nd round. He's one of the few in the league that you can put on a Will Fuller type and not worry about anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

That 4.38 is legit. They used Full Automatic Timing (F.A.T) which is far more accurate than what the NFL has been using. I also believe that the semi-auto time is good too since it's comparable to what the NFL was using at the combine for years. Keep in mind that Eric Stokes was a legit 10.39 100m in HS and has likely gotten faster. I would absolutely take this kid in the 2nd round. He's one of the few in the league that you can put on a Will Fuller type and not worry about anything.

 

Question is can you trust the vetting information you get from Georgia after the Isaiah Wilson debacle.

 

This CB/EDGE class are so deep you are going to be able to get guys well into day 3 that can contribute.

 

A guy like Michigan St CB Shakur Brown who could end up in the 4th round would be an absolute steal for a team like the Titans who ideally would love a guy who is suited as a press man to man corner.

 

When guys like Ohio St EDGE Jonathon Cooper are likely to be available early day 3 it highlights the depth of the EDGE group. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

 

Question is can you trust the vetting information you get from Georgia after the Isaiah Wilson debacle.

 

This CB/EDGE class are so deep you are going to be able to get guys well into day 3 that can contribute.

 

A guy like Michigan St CB Shakur Brown who could end up in the 4th round would be an absolute steal for a team like the Titans who ideally would love a guy who is suited as a press man to man corner.

 

When guys like Ohio St EDGE Jonathon Cooper are likely to be available early day 3 it highlights the depth of the EDGE group. 

If he has a questionable history then no, I'm not taking Georgia at their word. However, I haven't heard anything negative about the kid and Isaiah Wilson is IMO an outlier among GA products who by and large have been fine in the NFL. Shakur Brown played a ton of slot in college and I think that's his role in the NFL as well. I don't see the upside of playing him on deep threat receivers outside like I do with Stokes. I see your point about the depth though. IMO the depth at CB is much better than the EDGE depth if you're looking for a #1 guy, The more I look at these edges, the more I realize there aren't many Batmans but rather a bunch of Robins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

If he has a questionable history then no, I'm not taking Georgia at their word. However, I haven't heard anything negative about the kid and Isaiah Wilson is IMO an outlier among GA products who by and large have been fine in the NFL. Shakur Brown played a ton of slot in college and I think that's his role in the NFL as well. I don't see the upside of playing him on deep threat receivers outside like I do with Stokes. I see your point about the depth though. IMO the depth at CB is much better than the EDGE depth if you're looking for a #1 guy, The more I look at these edges, the more I realize there aren't many Batmans but rather a bunch of Robins. 

 

Everything I have seen on Shakur Brown suggests he is a versatile corner that is better suited outside with the ability to play inside, what peaked my interest in him was he had 7 INT on only 79 career targets.

 

Can understand your view on the EDGE position it lacks dominant guys at the very top but man there are some athletic freaks in this class who if it clicks for they are going to turn into a real handful in the NFL, the real question is whether JRob can find one of the guys who will blossom in the NFL and not bust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

If he has a questionable history then no, I'm not taking Georgia at their word. However, I haven't heard anything negative about the kid and Isaiah Wilson is IMO an outlier among GA products who by and large have been fine in the NFL. Shakur Brown played a ton of slot in college and I think that's his role in the NFL as well. I don't see the upside of playing him on deep threat receivers outside like I do with Stokes. I see your point about the depth though. IMO the depth at CB is much better than the EDGE depth if you're looking for a #1 guy, The more I look at these edges, the more I realize there aren't many Batmans but rather a bunch of Robins. 

Kirby Smart runs a program that enables very weak minded players. Isaiah Wilson, DeAndre Baker, and Roquan Smith come to mind. The secret of coddling is starting to get out in Athens

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2021 at 3:25 PM, ctm said:

 

The depth chart is weak at OG as well unless you believe in Brewer or one of the other scrubs.

Brewer is excellent depth at G and C unless we cut Saffold. A year in the weight room and the guy is going to be a beast. Count on it. His technique is outstanding and he has very quick feet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2021 at 6:30 AM, AvgJoe said:

Kirby Smart runs a program that enables very weak minded players. Isaiah Wilson, DeAndre Baker, and Roquan Smith come to mind. The secret of coddling is starting to get out in Athens

Man, I disagree. I would love to have Solomon Kindley, Andrew Thomas, Nick Chubb, and others. Hell, Roquan is better than any LB we have now.

 

What college football team are you a fan of? Because I suspect there are plenty of examples of failure with each one. Hell, we have been burned by Clemson pretty bad.

 

Unless your team is Bama, I suspect your team would have no problems with Kirby as coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...