On to the Draft

CaliTitan3518

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 3 weeks before the draft mock draft   Pick #22 - Northwestern CB Greg Newsome II Pick #53 - North Carolina WR Dyami Brown Pick #85 - Notre Dame TE Tommy Tremble Pick #100

Thinking back over the pre-draft process there is so much less information available than we usually have, below are the most notable Titans stuff that has been reported over the last couple of months

With the injury to Caleb Farley and the freakshow workout he had today you can forget about Jaycee Horn becoming a Titan.   The Cowboys will likely take Surtain at pick #10 and Horn will go

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ctm said:

There are only two possibilities with Farley's back procedure.

1.  The first operation failed and they had to redo it.

2.  The second procedure was in a different location.

Neither one are good.

He answered this question not too long ago and there's articles everywhere about it. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

I'm a fan of Bateman but if the team I followed had scouts/executives who thought he was better than Ja'Marr Chase I would be wondering what the hell they are watching.

Said it earlier today if the Bears end up trading Anthony Miller I would be really surprised if they didn't take Rashod Bateman at pick #20.

23 minutes ago, headhunter said:

He answered this question not too long ago and there's articles everywhere about it. 

So what's the answer?   Was the second procedure in the same location or a different one?

Edited by ctm

8 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Which WR are we drafting?  You talked AJ Brown into existence.  So now what

Don't forget I also hyped up Corey Davis too before he was drafted. His ankle injury has slowed him down. Not the same player as he was in college. 

Fit wise it's Bateman. He already plays in a heavy play action offense, he understands that offense, I'd expect him to have no issues picking up our offense. I do like him as a player too. Fast, good hands, not many flaws in his game honestly. I don't expect him to be a #1 though like Brown is for us.  

I like Elijah Moore from what I've seen, maybe the most. He's kinda like a Lockett clone. I'd draft him over alot of guys. I think he adds something different to the WR room that we don't have. 

The kid from Oklahoma State also fits. He plays faster than his 40 for sure. He's kinda like Bateman.

I think Toney is a bad fit to me, I could be wrong but to me he's a gadget player. I don't know he can see an opening in zone like what slots do. He almost has to have the ball immediately in his hands to be effective. 

I've looked at Moore from Purdue. He's like a maruice Jones Drew at WR , super short but stocky. Runs good after the catch. I kinda like what I saw but it's hard to imagine we take a 5'7" guy in a heavy running offense like we do. 

That's really all I've looked at. I kinda look at players graded around our slot so I don't spend much time looking at 10 WRs. Just a few that fit.

7 minutes ago, ctm said:

So what's the answer?   Was the second procedure in the same location or a different one?

It's different. The second location had a possibility to completely heal on its own. He started working out after the first procedure and wasnt getting the results he wanted so he went ahead and had the second surgery. Tgo knows about it more than me, he's had the exact same surgery. 

I haven't looked at Terrance Marshall yet. I feel like he's more at the top of second round guy so that's why I haven't watched any of his stuff yet. But I will. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we traded down and drafted Elijah Moore. I know Right Tackle, CB, WR are all needs but a big weakness is overall depth, it's pretty shitty. 

Edited by headhunter

13 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I haven't looked at Terrance Marshall yet. I feel like he's more at the top of second round guy so that's why I haven't watched any of his stuff yet. But I will. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we traded down and drafted Elijah Moore. I know Right Tackle, CB, WR are all needs but a big weakness is overall depth, it's pretty shitty. 

Terrace Marshall would go some ways towards replacing the red zone threat we lost when Jonnu Smith left.

With Lamm and Sambrailo on the roster I'm not entirely sure RT is as high a priority as fans think it is, the options at CB/WR would have to be completely wiped out for OT to be the pick at #22.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Terrace Marshall would go some ways towards replacing the red zone threat we lost when Jonnu Smith left.

With Lamm and Sambrailo on the roster I'm not entirely sure RT is as high a priority as fans think it is, the options at CB/WR would have to be completely wiped out for OT to be the pick at #22.

I think with a 17 game season right tackle is a higher than we think but I would be surprised #22 would be right tackle. Just can't see JRob drafting 3 right tackles in his 6 years here. 

I'd still put CB over WR as the bigger need the draft is lining up that way for our two first picks. 

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

I think with a 17 game season right tackle is a higher than we think but I would be surprised #22 would be right tackle. Just can't see JRob drafting 3 right tackles in his 6 years here. 

I'd still put CB over WR as the bigger need the draft is lining up that way for our two first picks. 

Once Lamm/Sambrailo ended up on the roster I expected JRob to be looking for more of a developmental RT using one of the three picks #85/#100/#126 more than using a first or second round pick on one who is closer to starting right away.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Once Lamm/Sambrailo ended up on the roster I expected JRob to be looking for more of a developmental RT using one of the three picks #85/#100/#126 more than using a first or second round pick on one who is closer to starting right away.

Yeah it is lining up to be CB, WR, TE/RT kinda draft

6 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Yeah it is lining up to be CB, WR, TE/RT kinda draft

Also throw EDGE in there.

Would be nice to trade back from #22 get another top #100 pick and be able to address all 5 positions (CB/WR/EDGE/TE/RT) with a top 100 pick.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Also throw EDGE in there.

Would be nice to trade back from #22 get another top #100 and be able to address all 5 positions (CB/WR/EDGE/TE/RT) with a top 100 pick.

Unless a CB falls to us at 22 I hope we do trade down. 

Yeah edge, they seem to see something in that guy from Texas. Apparently they had a bunch of zoom interviews with him so far