On to the Draft

CaliTitan3518

2 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Yeah unless Farley (assuming Medicals checkout) falls to our pick, I almost think you have to get one of those 3 if you are looking for a big time contributor day 1. There are other guys a little bit later, but they have development they need. Bateman (YAC), Moore (Route-Running/slot), and Marshall (Redzone) all have aspects of their game that can help improve our offense in one way or another.

I kind of think the most likely picks are: Farley, Bateman, Newsome II. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 3 weeks before the draft mock draft   Pick #22 - Northwestern CB Greg Newsome II Pick #53 - North Carolina WR Dyami Brown Pick #85 - Notre Dame TE Tommy Tremble Pick #100

Thinking back over the pre-draft process there is so much less information available than we usually have, below are the most notable Titans stuff that has been reported over the last couple of months

With the injury to Caleb Farley and the freakshow workout he had today you can forget about Jaycee Horn becoming a Titan.   The Cowboys will likely take Surtain at pick #10 and Horn will go

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, tgo said:

If Greg Newsome is there that is the pick.

If Newsome/Bateman are gone and Farley is failed medically by the team a guy like Teven Jenkins becomes a serious option.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If Greg Newsome is there that is the pick.

If Newsome/Bateman are gone and Farley is failed medically by the team a guy like Teven Jenkins becomes a serious option.

And why do you think they would take the 4th best corner over the best corner in the draft, when he will be ready for TC?

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

And why do you think they would take the 4th best corner over the best corner in the draft, when he will be ready for TC?

Wouldn't take Farley's agents word as gospel regarding his availability.

Also it should be concerning that so many CB needy teams passed on Farley if he is available at #22, that would mean 4-5 teams had likely medically failed him.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Wouldn't take Farley's agents word as gospel regarding his availability.

I mean, I've had the exact same surgery and it took me a couple weeks to recover to start walking normally and a month to be fully mobile and jogging. I'm sure a professional athlete can recover in a matter of months. 

Just now, tgo said:

I mean, I've had the exact same surgery and it took me a couple weeks to recover to start walking normally and a month to be fully mobile and jogging. I'm sure a professional athlete can recover in a matter of months. 

Facts are he has had 2 back surgeries since the last time he was hit on a football field, he has had over 450 days to get healthy since the first back surgery and couldn't even participate in his pro day.

@tgo I can see you have fallen in love with the idea of taking Farley and that is option A for you now, I just don't see the risk/reward of taking on such an injury risk.

Farley has had back surgery twice.  I wouldn't say that I wouldn't take him, but I'm not going to sit here today and say that I would either without seeing his medicals and having a fully explanation of why a second surgery was necessary.  

Edited by ctm

Highly recommend this podcast digging into this EDGE class and also some bold predictions about this draft.

Dane Brugler's bold predictions

- 13 OT will go in the top 100

- Caleb Farley will drop out of the top 40 picks he also mentioned teams are extremely concerned about those back issues.

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Ok, I agree with you.  My order is Newsome, Farley(injury), Bateman.  Only 21 can go before the Titans. 

If these three are gone, my next four are Paye, Melifonwu/Collins and then Oweh (he reminds me of Kearse).

If all 7 of these are gone then somebody has slipped drastically and the Titans are getting a hell of a player.

Edited by FRT