On to the Draft

CaliTitan3518

Basham is someone that I think is a perfect fit for what we are looking for at the spot opposite of Landry. I think with players like Basham you have a lower ceiling, but you know what you are getting when you draft them and that they can contribute Day 1. Get similar vibes from Tryon as well. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 3 weeks before the draft mock draft   Pick #22 - Northwestern CB Greg Newsome II Pick #53 - North Carolina WR Dyami Brown Pick #85 - Notre Dame TE Tommy Tremble Pick #100

Thinking back over the pre-draft process there is so much less information available than we usually have, below are the most notable Titans stuff that has been reported over the last couple of months

With the injury to Caleb Farley and the freakshow workout he had today you can forget about Jaycee Horn becoming a Titan.   The Cowboys will likely take Surtain at pick #10 and Horn will go

Posted Images

The only pass rusher worthy of a mid first round pick seems to be Jaelen Phillips, despite his injury/concussion issues. He's the only one who has the potential to live up to the draft slot by my estimation. 

There's a lot more value at corner and tackle in the mid first. The value at OLB and WR will be in the 2nd and third rounds, imo

Edited by tgo

18 minutes ago, tgo said:

The only pass rusher worthy of a mid first round pick seems to be Jaelen Phillips, despite his injury/concussion issues. He's the only one who has the potential to live up to the draft slot by my estimation. 

There's a lot more value at corner and tackle in the mid first. The value at OLB and WR will be in the 2nd and third rounds, imo

I disagree on the pass rusher part and I am wondering if Robinson does too. What I mean is, where would a Joe Tryon have gone in the Draft if he had played this year, because the tape is there. It may be a situation where the value is way too good to pass up and a player who could have gone Top 15 is there at 22. That’s my lone argument against trading down as an absolute necessity.

If it makes better sense based on the way the board has fallen I am good with it, but it’s not Option 1A given the state of the defense. 

17 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I disagree on the pass rusher part and I am wondering if Robinson does too. What I mean is, where would a Joe Tryon have gone in the Draft if he had played this year, because the tape is there. It may be a situation where the value is way too good to pass up and a player who could have gone Top 15 is there at 22. That’s my lone argument against trading down as an absolute necessity.

If it makes better sense based on the way the board has fallen I am good with it, but it’s not Option 1A given the state of the defense. 

Tryon seems like of one of those guys like Orakpo, Morgan, Dupree, etc. with a limited ceiling but who could be a solid pass rusher, but kind of mediocre. Maybe that's just my misperception of him based on what I've read though. 

I'm kind of tired of just cycling through mediocre pass rushers. And in terms of free agency, that's basically what they're going to be doing unless they get ahold of Von Miller who is maybe a notch above mediocre at this stage. 

But I also understand that mediocre to above average is better than zilch which is what we have now. 

Edited by tgo

13 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Rodgers would be a perfect slot option for us. Don’t know if he makes it to our 2nd round pick though.

Just reading about him today.  Draft network has him ranked as a 4th rounder.  JRob needs to find a third WR (assuming Davis stays) who can make a significant contribution in 2021.  Rodgers would seem to be one of those guys.

57 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Rodgers would be a perfect slot option for us. Don’t know if he makes it to our 2nd round pick though.

I'm guessing he'll be around at #53.  Somehow I don't think depth of talent at reciever is going to be an issue for this draft.  Whether or not they want to wait until the 3rd round to solve this problem is another issue.

2 hours ago, tgo said:

Tryon seems like of one of those guys like Orakpo, Morgan, Dupree, etc. with a limited ceiling but who could be a solid pass rusher, but kind of mediocre. Maybe that's just my misperception of him based on what I've read though. 

I'm kind of tired of just cycling through mediocre pass rushers. And in terms of free agency, that's basically what they're going to be doing unless they get ahold of Von Miller who is maybe a notch above mediocre at this stage. 

But I also understand that mediocre to above average is better than zilch which is what we have now. 

Just listening/reading some of the draft stuff, it seems like there's a lot of developmental guys like Rosseau, Owewh, and then there are those solid/mediocre guys that you mentioned. It makes me want them to sign a FA instead (for big money but that first year cap hit can probably be managed).

Matt Miller just sent out his 3 Round Mock including Trades. I was completely on board until our comp pick:

22) Azeez Ojulari (Id prefer Tryon,)

54) Alex Leatherwood 

86) Tommy Tremble

101) Kellen Mond.....hell no. Don’t take a QB

12 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Matt Miller just sent out his 3 Round Mock including Trades. I was completely on board until our comp pick:

54) Alex Leatherwood 

86) Tommy Tremble

????

Would hate the Ojulari pick. Obviously love the Tremble pick though. Leatherwood I am very meh on and don’t know if he could do well in a zone scheme. 

As for Mond I would love to take a shot on him in the 6th or 7th round. 3rd Round would be ridiculous for us given the amount of holes we have on the roster.

7 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

54) Alex Leatherwood 

86) Tommy Tremble

I'm torn on Ojulari as he is a Landry clone and despite the possibility he is gone in 2022 I think they might be looking for a bigger/longer/more powerful EDGE in this draft.

This team is going to have too many holes to be wasting a top 100 pick (this is where the Conklin comp pick is scheduled to be not pick #101).

Not a big fan of Leatherwood after watching the Senior Bowl he was very underwhelming in the 1 v 1's.

Love the Tremble pick, given the current state of the roster would be shocked if WR isn't one of the first 4 picks.

This is a pretty bad mock.  There is no chance that a CB isn't taken within the first 3 rounds.  I'm actually ok with the Ojulari pick if they can sign a longer/powerful edge guy in FA.  At worst, he should provide some pressure as a 3rd down rusher.   And he has more upside than the other edge guys mentioned there but he's not as a raw and could contribute in year 1.

They are not taking a QB in the first four rounds.  I'd probably go OT or WR with the Conklin comp.  Only way I go WR in Round 2 is if Davis is gone and someone they like really drops.  Tremble is a fine pick given Jonnu's a free agent and both Swaim and Pruitt are as well.

12 minutes ago, rns90 said:

This is a pretty bad mock.  There is no chance that a CB isn't taken within the first 3 rounds.  I'm actually ok with the Ojulari pick if they can sign a longer/powerful edge guy in FA.  At worst, he should provide some pressure as a 3rd down rusher.   And he has more upside than the other edge guys mentioned there but he's not as a raw and could contribute in year 1.

They are not taking a QB in the first four rounds.  I'd probably go OT or WR with the Conklin comp.  Only way I go WR in Round 2 is if Davis is gone and someone they like really drops.  Tremble is a fine pick given Jonnu's a free agent and both Swaim and Pruitt are as well.

What makes you think they won't do this at CB?

Butler or Jackson

Fulton

Slot CB in free agency

4 minutes ago, ctm said:

What makes you think they won't do this at CB?

Butler or Jackson

Fulton

Slot CB in free agency

The draft interests (lots of CB projected to be taken in the first 3 rounds) and the comments about a longer CB by JR lean toward one being taken early.  Plus Jackson is an UFA after next year.  That being said, your scenario is plausible as well.

Hard to know until all the vet cuts come in.  They could veer in another direction and take EDGE with 2 of the top 3 picks or whatever.

Edited by rns90