On to the Draft

CaliTitan3518

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 3 weeks before the draft mock draft   Pick #22 - Northwestern CB Greg Newsome II Pick #53 - North Carolina WR Dyami Brown Pick #85 - Notre Dame TE Tommy Tremble Pick #100

Thinking back over the pre-draft process there is so much less information available than we usually have, below are the most notable Titans stuff that has been reported over the last couple of months

With the injury to Caleb Farley and the freakshow workout he had today you can forget about Jaycee Horn becoming a Titan.   The Cowboys will likely take Surtain at pick #10 and Horn will go

Posted Images

On 1/13/2021 at 1:07 AM, titanskick8851 said:

For me my top guys are similar to those stated. 

Nixon or Barmore would help give Simmons a legit weapon next to him. Hopefully remove some of those double teams he was continually facing.

At OLB, thus far from what I’ve watched, Patrick Jones II, Carlos Basham Jr., Jayson Oweh, and Jaelen Phillips would be my first round targets. A lot will depend on what kind of edge they bring in during Free Agency.

At ILB, Nick Bolton or Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah would be a a great replacement option if we move on from Jayon Brown.

Also really like Zaven Collins. He would actually be more of a tweener in the mold of Anthony Barr, but he would be a perfect fit for the role we currently play Landry in with the zone drops we ask. 

CB and Safety could also be options as well if there are some ballhawking types available. Guys like Jaycee Horn, Trevon Moehrig, or Patrick Surtain II. 

Zaven Collins is such an amazing prospect. Besides being 6’4 260, he’s tremendous in coverage & is a dominant blitzer. Perfect 3rd down LBer who also stuffs the run.

Apparentlt he was good rushing off the edge as well, though he didn’t do it much. You can also try him out as the LOLB first, see if he takes to rushing off the edge a lot more but drop him into coverage often. But he’d probably be best as inside LBer, with how great he is on 3rd down.

2 minutes ago, Face said:

Zaven Collins is such an amazing prospect. Besides being 6’4 260, he’s tremendous in coverage & is a dominant blitzer. Perfect 3rd down LBer who also stuffs the run.

Apparentlt he was good rushing off the edge as well, though he didn’t do it much. You can also try him out as the LOLB first, see if he takes to rushing off the edge a lot more but drop him into coverage often. But he’d probably be best as inside LBer, with how great he is on 3rd down.

I like Collins a lot actually. He is actually perfect for Landry’s current role in that he would rush and drop into zone coverage every so often. I think the best comparison is Anthony Barr. 

With Landry being a free agent after next season, I think they draft multiple OLBs with different skills/traits that fit the defense they want to have and play moving forward.

Was just watching the latest Move the Sticks Podcast with Jeremiah/Brooks and they pointed out something I found interesting that 3 of the last 4 remaining teams (Bills/Packers/Chiefs) all traded up in the draft to take a QB even after making the playoffs the previous season.

- The Chiefs traded up to take Mahomes despite making the playoffs with Alex Smith the previous season.

- The Packers traded up to take Love despite making the NFC Championship Game the year before with Rodgers.

- The Bills traded up to take Allen even though they made the playoff the previous season with Tyrod Taylor at QB.

This fact was highlighted with a warning to keep an eye on the likes of the Colts/Steelers and even Washington/Bears as possible teams to make a jump up into the top 10 to secure their QBOTF even though they made the playoffs this year.

5 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Was just watching the latest Move the Sticks Podcast with Jeremiah/Brooks and they pointed out something I found interesting that 3 of the last 4 remaining teams (Bills/Packers/Chiefs) all traded up in the draft to take a QB even after making the playoffs the previous season.

- The Chiefs traded up to take Mahomes despite making the playoffs with Alex Smith the previous season.

- The Packers traded up to take Love despite making the NFC Championship Game the year before with Rodgers.

- The Bills traded up to take Allen even though they made the playoff the previous season with Tyrod Taylor at QB.

This fact was highlighted with a warning to keep an eye on the likes of the Colts/Steelers and even Washington/Bears as possible teams to make a jump up into the top 10 to secure their QBOTF even though they made the playoffs this year.

I’ve always been a fan of if you love a guy at QB, then go up and get him. To be good you need a legit QB. It’s worth the risk.