On to the Draft

CaliTitan3518

The Titans need help on almost all levels on defense so they shouldn't be locked in any particular position.  We will see which positions get filled in FA.  Also a trade down might be in order if this is one of of those drafts where the player picked at 22 isn't different from one available in the 30s and 40s.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 3 weeks before the draft mock draft   Pick #22 - Northwestern CB Greg Newsome II Pick #53 - North Carolina WR Dyami Brown Pick #85 - Notre Dame TE Tommy Tremble Pick #100

Thinking back over the pre-draft process there is so much less information available than we usually have, below are the most notable Titans stuff that has been reported over the last couple of months

With the injury to Caleb Farley and the freakshow workout he had today you can forget about Jaycee Horn becoming a Titan.   The Cowboys will likely take Surtain at pick #10 and Horn will go

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

The Titans need help on almost all levels on defense so they shouldn't be locked in any particular position.  We will see which positions get filled in FA.  Also a trade down might be in order if this is one of of those drafts where the player picked at 22 isn't different from one available in the 30s and 40s.

Absolutely give me more picks this year, my draft addiction already has me dreaming up trade back scenarios.

24 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

While EDGE is absolutely a need what they absolutely can't do is reach for an EDGE if there are significantly better players available at other positions, reaching to fill needs gets you Isaiah Wilson and Rashaan Evans.

I think we should probably trade up to be in play for Paye, Phillips, or Rousseau.

3 minutes ago, titansfan said:

I think we should probably trade up to be in play for Paye, Phillips, or Rousseau.

As big a fan of Kwitty Paye as I am i'm not giving up the draft capital required to go up and get him when you could take the following guys in the second round.

Patrick Jones II

Rashad Weaver

Dayo Odeyingbo

5 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

As big a fan of Kwitty Paye as I am i'm not giving up the draft capital required to go up and get him when you could take the following guys in the second round.

Patrick Jones II

Rashad Weaver

Dayo Odeyingbo

I'm all about Patrick Jones II

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Give me Daviyon Nixon or Christian Barmore at 22 and Patrick Jones II at 53 and it would be an excellent start to the 2021 draft.

Can we draft Shaun Wade in the third? :D 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

Can we draft Shaun Wade in the third? :D 

lol I have been waiting for your offseason plan where you lock in Shane Bowen as DC, don't bring back Corey Davis, re-sign Clowney and draft Shaun Wade purely to trigger me.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

lol I have been waiting for your offseason plan where you don't bring back Corey Davis, re-sign Clowney and draft Shaun Wade purely to trigger me.

Actually it will most definitely include all three of those things :)

But not *just* to trigger you! :D 

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I don't know how anyone could watch Shaun Wade in 2020 and want that on your team.

The boy can blitz and hit from that nickel spot! 

Logan Ryan type player if we can nab him later on. Or maybe just a third safety type, similar to a Duron Harmon. 

Edited by tgo

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

The boy can blitz and hit from that nickel spot! 

Logan Ryan type player if we can nab him later on. Or maybe just a third safety type, similar to a Duron Harmon. 

There have been plays this year he has shown a complete lack of effort chasing down players once beat I don't want a guy like that anywhere near this team.

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

There have been plays this year he has shown a complete lack of effort chasing down players once beat I don't want a guy like that anywhere near this team.

Lack of effort? Haven't read anything like that in scouting reports.

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Lack of effort? Haven't read anything like that in scouting reports.

A lot of the scouting reports don't include his 2020 season yet, he has been killed in multiple games this year for not going all out chasing guys, there was one play in the Championship Game yesterday he was getting slaughtered on social media for jogging after Devonta Smith after getting beat deep.