Vrabel's the most conservative coach in Titans history and the league currently

OILERMAN

What happened to throwing the ball when they stack 8-9 guys up by the LOS??? Wasn’t it Vrabel that said we aren’t gonna do anything stupid and continuously run into a stacked box? 

Seems like it was Mike Mularkey coaching the last game.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The big talking point is the 1st down runs and the extreme run heavy game plans but it's more than that.    Warren Sharpe and others have pointed out over the last 6 games or so defenses hav

This just makes the decision from Vrabel even worse.    

I was actually telling someone the Titans would be better off if Henry wasn't on the roster. Not because he's not good but because they are too reliant on him. Down the stretch teams figured out the T

16 hours ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

What happened to throwing the ball when they stack 8-9 guys up by the LOS??? Wasn’t it Vrabel that said we aren’t gonna do anything stupid and continuously run into a stacked box? 

Seems like it was Mike Mularkey coaching the last game.

LOL - Mularkey/Robiskie had a 47/53 pass/run split on 1st down in 2017 (26th) and it was 49/51 in 2018 (13th). 

Under Vrabel, the first down pass/run splits have been 41/59 in 2018 (30th), 38/62 in 2019 (31st), 35/65 in 2020 (32nd).......

Oh My God Omg GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

6 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

LOL - Mularkey/Robiskie had a 47/53 pass/run split on 1st down in 2017 (26th) and it was 49/51 in 2018 (13th). 

Under Vrabel, the first down pass/run splits have been 41/59 in 2018 (30th), 38/62 in 2019 (31st), 35/65 in 2020 (32nd).......

Oh My God Omg GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

The more I've been looking into the numbers the more that I realize that replacing Art Smith won't really be an issue from a playcalling perspective, "Ask Madden" is probably much more risky even. Who knows if the route spacing and shit like that will go to the crapper on pass plays but highly doubtful because it's not like these guys just draw up plays in the sand after throwing their playbook out from each previous year.

8 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

The more I've been looking into the numbers the more that I realize that replacing Art Smith won't really be an issue from a playcalling perspective, "Ask Madden" is probably much more risky even. Who knows if the route spacing and shit like that will go to the crapper on pass plays but highly doubtful because it's not like these guys just draw up plays in the sand after throwing their playbook out from each previous year.

I don't expect them to change a whole lot schematically.  The only valid issue out there is the run/pass ratio in neutral situations IMO.  The other factors are all personnel related - getting the OL healthy and perhaps salvaging Wilson, dealing with the FA players, etc.