Vrabel's the most conservative coach in Titans history and the league currently

OILERMAN

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The big talking point is the 1st down runs and the extreme run heavy game plans but it's more than that.    Warren Sharpe and others have pointed out over the last 6 games or so defenses hav

This just makes the decision from Vrabel even worse.    

I was actually telling someone the Titans would be better off if Henry wasn't on the roster. Not because he's not good but because they are too reliant on him. Down the stretch teams figured out the T

2 hours ago, tgo said:

Not true - Streicher runs on field situational analytics along with Hendley and Kuhr. 

But yes, Vrabel does go with his gut anyway a lot of the time. 

OK I remember the posts about the Titans being one of the least analytics heavy teams in the NFL and people seemed to disagree with the posts (and me) because they did have some people doing it.

Can we just admit that those articles were correct now? Getting an analytics department and listening to it would be marvelous!

12 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

OK I remember the posts about the Titans being one of the least analytics heavy teams in the NFL and people seemed to disagree with the posts (and me) because they did have some people doing it.

Can we just admit that those articles were correct now? Getting an analytics department and listening to it would be marvelous!

Analytics are overrated in the NFL. They’re useful in some areas but not useful in a lot of other areas. Frank Reich, for example, makes a ton of stupid decisions being enslaved to analytics. 

Analytics are more useful in player evaluation, which is why Robinson uses it heavily. 

It doesn’t matter anyway though, you could have the biggest analytics department in the league and Vrabel would just ignore it. 

Edited by tgo

4 hours ago, tgo said:

Analytics are overrated in the NFL. They’re useful in some areas but not useful in a lot of other areas. Frank Reich, for example, makes a ton of stupid decisions being enslaved to analytics. 

Analytics are more useful in player evaluation, which is why Robinson uses it heavily. 

It doesn’t matter anyway though, you could have the biggest analytics department in the league and Vrabel would just ignore it. 

So, it's a big reason for the big shifts in offenses that many, other than you, want the team to make in regards to when the team decides to run and pass and how often they run.

Also I said getting one and listening to it would be ideal lol.

12 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

So, it's a big reason for the big shifts in offenses that many, other than you, want the team to make in regards to when the team decides to run and pass and how often they run.

Also I said getting one and listening to it would be ideal lol.

I want the team run like it’s 1975 man. Fullbacks, run up the middle, all that. Bully ball. 

Keep your fancy pants analytics and finesse wide open passing and all that ! :D 

Edited by tgo

2 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Does Vrabel go for it on 4th and goal down 8 with around 2 minutes left to play in the 4th quarter with the Super Bowl on the line?  

OR

Was LaFluer held back by Vrabel's playcalling earlier today?  

;)  

We saw what he did with 4th and 2...

2 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Does Vrabel go for it on 4th and goal down 8 with around 2 minutes left to play in the 4th quarter with the Super Bowl on the line?  

OR

Was LaFluer held back by Vrabel's playcalling earlier today?  

;)  

I can't explain the decision to kick but the rest is laughable. Rodgers threw 48 times today. Also look at how Arians never relented even up 18. Vrabel is still the king of being over conservative.

I don't think Vrabel is as bad as Jeff Fisher yet, but he's well on his way.  It's disheartening to get excited about moving on from the Fishers and Mularkeys of coaching by hiring a young former player...and then see him do the exact same thing, only with far more talent on offense. 

As I've said before, if we had hired Reich, we would be real contenders and possibly even playing for a Lombardi.  Instead, we are praying to god our division opponents lose their talented players so we might squeak into the playoffs again...and two of those teams were so bad this year they earned top 3 picks in the draft!

56 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

I don't think Vrabel is as bad as Jeff Fisher yet, but he's well on his way.  It's disheartening to get excited about moving on from the Fishers and Mularkeys of coaching by hiring a young former player...and then see him do the exact same thing, only with far more talent on offense. 

As I've said before, if we had hired Reich, we would be real contenders and possibly even playing for a Lombardi.  Instead, we are praying to god our division opponents lose their talented players so we might squeak into the playoffs again...and two of those teams were so bad this year they earned top 3 picks in the draft!

Are you kidding me? Jonathan Taylor is going to have 1,800 yards rushing next season. The Colts have built to run the ball. Also, he called a bad game in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Lars said:

Are you kidding me? Jonathan Taylor is going to have 1,800 yards rushing next season. The Colts have built to run the ball. Also, he called a bad game in the playoffs. 

Am I kidding you about what?  I wouldn't be predicting any offensive stats for the Colts since we don't know who their starting QB will be, but I highly doubt Taylor touches 1800 yards (even with 17 games).  That's because regardless of how good he is, Reich isn't going to run him into the ground like we do Henry, and he sure as hell isn't going to run him into stacked boxes every first down.

Also, Reich sure as shit wouldn't be dying on a hill with our pathetic defense.  He would have been sure to hire someone that actually knows what the fuck they are doing.  Instead, we could have brought Corky back to run the defense and it would have been an improvement.