Vrabel's the most conservative coach in Titans history and the league currently

OILERMAN

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

This game was weird. Vrabel clearly understands clock management, especially at end of halves, but had no clue what the fuck was going on this game. Pair that with the offensive attitude of running it till it popped, was just a complete transformation of the coach we knew.

He is ultra aggressive on going for it throughout the season but it's baffling how all of a sudden here and there he will just outta the blue have too much faith in Kern and the defense and punt on inexcusable conditions.

I think the notion they run Henry hoping he pops a big one is false.

They run him to set up 2nd and manageable.

Problem was we could barely get a yard if that and ended up in second and long anyway.

Vrabel and/or Smith don't want the offense in obvious passing situations.  Ravens of course do...and they won that battle.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The big talking point is the 1st down runs and the extreme run heavy game plans but it's more than that.    Warren Sharpe and others have pointed out over the last 6 games or so defenses hav

This just makes the decision from Vrabel even worse.    

I was actually telling someone the Titans would be better off if Henry wasn't on the roster. Not because he's not good but because they are too reliant on him. Down the stretch teams figured out the T

9 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Except the previous year, his team won two road playoff games against superior opponents.

That to me is the biggest problem. Regression. I think we all knew this Titans team wasn't going to the Superbowl this year, but to show up at home nonetheless and put up such an awful performance isn't a good look an Vrabel.

4 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

I think the notion they run Henry hoping he pops a big one is false.

They run him to set up 2nd and manageable.

Problem was we could barely get a yard if that and ended up in second and long anyway.

Vrabel and/or Smith don't want the offense in obvious passing situations.  Ravens of course do...and they won that battle.

I wasn’t even implying a big run... just one to keep the drive alive

I’m not going to go back and watch the game, but if I remember correctly we had 3 situations where we were 2nd and 3 or less. On those plays Henry was on the field for two of them with only one carry. We never went for it on 4th down in any of the situations, so out of a possible 9 plays Henry touched the ball once...while being rammed up the gut on first down the entire game. It made absolutely no sense. 

I’ve never been more disappointed in the coaching in any specific game I can remember. Not going for it in the 4th quarter was the worst call I’ve probably ever seen. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I was actually telling someone the Titans would be better off if Henry wasn't on the roster. Not because he's not good but because they are too reliant on him. Down the stretch teams figured out the Titans were going to run him on early downs and completely sold out to stop him. Our meathead HC decided he was going to do it anyway. 

As the article @BudsOilers posted, the Browns, GB and Ravens easily beat the Titans because of it. 

The Titans passing game is great, it should be used more. 

He’s an excellent decoy. We never ran a single swing pass or even used that route to draw defenders out of the middle. If you’re going to use him properly he needs to be in the game as more than just a runner or check down option. There’s simply no way to justify how he was used on Sunday. 

27 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

What makes the Ravens loss harder to shake is Vrabel has had multiple wake up calls over the last 12 months where the run game got shut down and he didn't learn a damn thing and have a plan B ready to go.

Vrabel thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and it will be his downfall. 

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I was actually telling someone the Titans would be better off if Henry wasn't on the roster. Not because he's not good but because they are too reliant on him. Down the stretch teams figured out the Titans were going to run him on early downs and completely sold out to stop him. Our meathead HC decided he was going to do it anyway. 

With the junior varsity OL no less.