Vrabel's the most conservative coach in Titans history and the league currently

OILERMAN

Plain and simple Vrabel has to many irons in the fire with this team I mean you can't be the best at what you do (HC) when you try to dibble in every aspect of game even though you have final call as HC its up to Coordinators to initiate Defense and offensive situations with that being said we NEED A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR RIGHT NOW!!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The big talking point is the 1st down runs and the extreme run heavy game plans but it's more than that.    Warren Sharpe and others have pointed out over the last 6 games or so defenses hav

This just makes the decision from Vrabel even worse.    

I was actually telling someone the Titans would be better off if Henry wasn't on the roster. Not because he's not good but because they are too reliant on him. Down the stretch teams figured out the T

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I guess last week when he decided to go for the win with 18 seconds to go when many coaches would've taken a knee and player for OT was conservative as well.

That was a pretty easy decision the way Watson was playing, many in the game thread called for it. That wasn't some bold move

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I guess last week when he decided to go for the win with 18 seconds to go when many coaches would've taken a knee and player for OT was conservative as well.

I thought Vrabel coached a very conservative game today.  I was disappointed.  But he's aggressive at time and conservative at times.  

Oh, when he threw to AJ and not Kalif?

Just now, OILERMAN said:

That was a pretty easy decision the way Watson was playing, many in the game thread called for it. That wasn't some bold move

You and I both know that many coaches are taking a knee there.

I can't defend his punting today.  But it's not like that's the norm.  He goes for it a lot.  He obviously trusted his gut today and it didn't work.  I don't even think he's predictable in certain game situations.  Like in 2018 he went for the win against the Chargers.  Against Houston this year the tie.  He went for the win on the 4th and short against the Chargers and didn't get it.  He seems to just go with his gut.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I'll still take him on my team as my coach.

The running I can't defend nor will I even try.  The plays would've been there.

13 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

First of all I never said Mariota was a HOFer, that's extreme hyperbole. But yes he did show some promise early on and I thought he was going to be the answer. When I thought  he wasn't I posted my opinion changed. I gave him a chance and when I thought he wasn't good I said, I was right. 

As for Vrabel, I do think he's super smart and has some strong traits as a coach, he's masterful at game management and knowing the rules. And I specifically said I didn't think he could win the SB being this conservative, that's a far cry from not being able to win a game. 

I dunno man, maybe you could have been like “mariota looks pretty good, I’m excited.”

And then later “He’s not consistent enough with his passing, he’s not gonna work on our system”

see? More metered. Not such a silly pivot.

And what you just said above about Vrabel.

JUST STOP RIGHT THERE AND DONT MOVE.

seriously.

That’s a reasonable assessment.

Don’t pivot like a maniac off that in 6 months.

Edited by 2ToneTerror

Just now, rns90 said:

This is my standard, "how the fuck do you remember this stuff" question.

I almost made a post about how the last two times the Super Bowl was in Tampa the Titans lost at home to the Ravens in the playoffs after winning in Baltimore in the regular season, much like this season.

Vrabels stubbornness could be his downfall as a HC. He’s not an idiot. When it works it’s great but when it doesn’t he needs to learn to adapt. We saw this was an issue on offense today. It was an issue on defense all year. 

Hopefully next year we have a real DC and an OC that isn’t on such a tight leash.