Vrabel's the most conservative coach in Titans history and the league currently

OILERMAN

• OILERMAN changed the title to Vrabel's the most conservative coach in Titans history and the league currently
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The big talking point is the 1st down runs and the extreme run heavy game plans but it's more than that.    Warren Sharpe and others have pointed out over the last 6 games or so defenses hav

This just makes the decision from Vrabel even worse.    

I was actually telling someone the Titans would be better off if Henry wasn't on the roster. Not because he's not good but because they are too reliant on him. Down the stretch teams figured out the T

1 minute ago, Oiler FANatic said:

What makes him any more conservative than Jeff Fisher was for 16 years? What is the point of blaming everyone except Tannehill, why do we give him a pass?

Fisher usually went into turtle mode in the fourth quarter.  Vrabel does this far earlier most of the time.

It felt like the Titans blew a bunch of double digit leads because Vrabel went into a shell in the middle of the game. It was usually some dramatic play by the offense that bailed the Titans out, but I distinctly remember watching the Titans blow double digit leads to the jags, in both texans game, for example

1 minute ago, TItansPDO said:

It felt like the Titans blew a bunch of double digit leads because Vrabel went into a shell in the middle of the game. It was usually some dramatic play by the offense that bailed the Titans out, but I distinctly remember watching the Titans blow double digit leads to the jags, in both texans game, for example

I remember this happening in the TB game last year as well.  And obviously the AFC Championship game.  It's a pattern and weakness at this point.  I would have thought that he would have learned and maybe changed/gotten more aggressive but apparently not.

43 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The big talking point is the 1st down runs and the extreme run heavy game plans but it's more than that. 

Warren Sharpe and others have pointed out over the last 6 games or so defenses have adjusted and totally stacked the box to stop Derrick Henry ON 1ST DOWN. 

The score doesn't show it but the Browns totally outcoached the Titans and blew the doors off the Titans. The Browns got up on the Titans 38-7 in the first half and Henry had 7 carries for 15 yards.

The same thing happened against GB. Obviously it happened today as well. 

Now in between the Titans beat the Jags, Lions and barely beat the Texans, the worst teams in the league. But I'd even point out in the Texans game I made a post how Vrabel nearly lost the Texans game. In the first half the defense was blitzing Watson and totally getting after him. After the Titans got up 24-9 Vrabel went into the same shell he did today, started rushing 3 and 4 people and Watson took the lead. The last bomb with less than 20 seconds saved them. They could have thrown all over the Texans with ease. 

Throw in the ridiculous punts in plus territory(multiple times over the weeks) and passive defensive schemes and it's pretty clear. Vrabel is a loud large alpha male who is also totally passive and conservative on both sides of the ball. 

I'd guess the Titans offense will never have the same level of talent at the skill positions as they did this year. The fact Henry got 2k and the offense scored a lot of points hides this sin pretty good but it's still a fatal flaw. 

BTW, before anyone points to the OT(Lewan injury) or Arthur Smith the Titans were this run heavy(on 1st down) with LaFluer and with a healthy Lewan. 

He's not going to have to cut his dick off for winning the SB because he's not going to win one because he has no balls. 

So, did you sleep through the Jeff Fisher years or are you a new fan?

Baltimore needed an unbelievable TD run by Jackson to win this game. He played a great game. We were competitive but got way too conservative with the early lead. Ravens sold out to stop Henry but Tannehill had an off game and we lost Cory when we needed him most. I thought Vrabel would go for it instead of kicking the FG inside the 10 year dline. All in all It was pretty dominant display of defense for Balt. Disappointing loss but we’re a few pieces away from being a championship team. We need a good DC.

6 minutes ago, 2ToneTerror said:

Jesus, Oilerman.

You are obviously a long time favorite on all of these titans boards… But this is definitely a thing you do: You pivot 180° on something very quickly.
You’ve done it in a number of things over the years, the most recent being Mariota going from a potential Hall of Famer to the worst QB ever.

.You pivot 180° on things very quickly. You’ve done it on a number of things, the most recent being Mariota going from a potential Hall of Famer to the worst QB ever.

In the first half of the season you were literally spelling out decisions that Vrabel made that were made that were pure genius. Now you are all but saying we will never win with him.

Look at what this guy has done in the past three years, progressively.

Look what he was able to deal with on this team this year with the injuries, lack of talent, and with Covid.
We won a division title.

The guy has his flaws but he’s a hell of a coach.

It was a tough loss. Step away from the message board and get some sleep.

Stop impulsively pivoting so hard and stay consistent

Scotty likes to play both sides so he can always point to a post in the past and say, "See, I was saying that a long time ago." 

The guy is a douchebag.

I guess last week when he decided to go for the win with 18 seconds to go when many coaches would've taken a knee and player for OT was conservative as well.

I thought Vrabel coached a very conservative game today.  I was disappointed.  But he's aggressive at time and conservative at times.  

15 minutes ago, 2ToneTerror said:

Jesus, Oilerman.

You are obviously a long time favorite on all of these titans boards… But this is definitely a thing you do: You pivot 180° on something very quickly.
You’ve done it in a number of things over the years, the most recent being Mariota going from a potential Hall of Famer to the worst QB ever. 

First of all I never said Mariota was a HOFer, that's extreme hyperbole. But yes he did show some promise early on and I thought he was going to be the answer. When I thought  he wasn't I posted my opinion changed. I gave him a chance and when I thought he wasn't good I said, I was right. 

As for Vrabel, I do think he's super smart and has some strong traits as a coach, he's masterful at game management and knowing the rules. And I specifically said I didn't think he could win the SB being this conservative, that's a far cry from not being able to win a game.