Website errors

Blackjack

What's up with the errors after today's game?

Biggest game in a year, can't access board after it ends for over an hour.

how much money does it take for this to not happened again?  I will gladly donate this off-season if it will help just PM me.

It was a DDoS attack. In terms of what it would take to really prevent such a thing again I will see what's available. It just that even after the initial investment it will cost more an ongoing basis and when it is time for renewal. Just have to decide if the cost/risk is worth it when the issues happen pretty rarely.

5 minutes ago, patsplat said:

It boggles the mind who has enough money and idle time to care about such a thing as DDOSing TitansReport

I have found out that it's surprisingly cheap. $10/hr or $60/24 hours from what I have read.

@TitansGuru if you can post a cost breakdown, I would be interested in donating to implement measures to avoid this. I’m sure others would, too. 

If you feel it’s truly not worth it due to frequency it happens then so be it, but I would personally like to have peace of mind against DDOS attacks given how cheap it is to do per your post.

26 minutes ago, Aramis said:

@TitansGuru if you can post a cost breakdown, I would be interested in donating to implement measures to avoid this. I’m sure others would, too. 

If you feel it’s truly not worth it due to frequency it happens then so be it, but I would personally like to have peace of mind against DDOS attacks given how cheap it is to do per your post.

Okay, I will look into it. @OzTitan, do you have any recommendations that wouldn't cost a fortune?

22 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

Okay, I will look into it. @OzTitan, do you have any recommendations that wouldn't cost a fortune?

I'm a little bit out of the loop costing wise because my experience with these tends to be hidden behind an abstraction of procurement that someone else does, but it's hard to go wrong with Cloudflare and I have had some good experience with Fastly (especially if you're looking for some pretty advanced config options, it pretty much supports direct Varnish config files).

Cloudflare is what I have been using. It seems to do the trick most of the time. It blocks what could be considered DDoS type traffic from time to time. I just revamped it a bit by adding additional firewalls and blocking certain user agents so that might get us closer to where we want to be.

23 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

I'm a little bit out of the loop costing wise because my experience with these tends to be hidden behind an abstraction of procurement that someone else does, but it's hard to go wrong with Cloudflare and I have had some good experience with Fastly (especially if you're looking for some pretty advanced config options, it pretty much supports direct Varnish config files).

Fastly is nice and we recommend them to clients from time to time. From what I remember, it would be pretty expensive but I can check again. I can also reach out to a sales exec I know over there to see if he can give a bit of a discount.

Archived