11 minutes ago, cenj said:

CD had a nice year, but he's no AJB and he's not an ideal match for this offense as the #2. We desperately need a deep threat that requires safety help.

AJB can win 1-on-1 contested throws, and he's dynamic on slants with his YAC. We've been a playaction team who is dedicated to running the ball. Forget Henry's stats (and the MVP talk, lol), teams can shut down the run game if they want to. Henry needs room to accelerate and his lack of ability as a reciever limits playcalls. We're very predictable in many ways, and defenses can flood the LOS and running lanes. Today isn't the first day good defenses figured out how to limit the offense, and we're going to see this stuff against all playoff caliber defenses going forward.

Last year we got away with Raymond being our big play guy. We need a more dynamic threat on the field every down to keep defenses from crowding the LOA and doubling AJB. Davis is a good possession receiver with plus athleticism, but he can't separate enough. 

The problem is under a Vrabel/Smith offense WR2 is quite often required to come inside and block you aren't getting that with a smaller more agile deep speed guy, in this offense the role you described is more a WR3 or WR4.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Davis is a solid WR who has battled injuries since being drafted. It's got nothing to do with missing big games.    If he can be retained cost effectively I'd do it depending on other possib

Huh?

Man Oh man, this is big dumb thought of the week material

Well the other 1st round pick in Davis' class sure did play much better today than he has since finally returning a couple weeks ago.  MV needs to spill who was injured all season because way to many did not contribute this season.  Really not all that high on A Jackson at all.

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

Id bring Davis back if possible, let Jonnu walk, and give Humphries role to Batson. They need a speed guy though, Raymond ain't it.

I like Jonnu a lot, but if they aren't going to use him more than they have what's the point? On the other hand, maybe the reason they haven't used him as much is because they've had to overcompensate for Taylor Lewan's absence? The pass pro hasn't exactly been great, especially as the season has progressed.

Raymond, Humphries and Davis all have most likely played their last downs as Titans. They’ll tender Firk since he’s and RFA, I assume they’d might reup Swaim, they like his blocking and he’s a better receiver than Mycole- who has also probably played his last downs as a titan as well. 

The Offense is going to look very different next year- who are the 2-5 WRs, whose the TE, whose the RT etc. 

2 minutes ago, TWR said:

Raymond, Humphries and Davis all have most likely played their last downs as Titans. They’ll tender Firk since he’s and RFA, I assume they’d might reup Swaim, they like his blocking and he’s a better receiver than Mycole- who has also probably played his last downs as a titan as well. 

The Offense is going to look very different next year- who are the 2-5 WRs, whose the TE, whose the RT etc. 

In another coivd affected offseason it would be incredibly dumb to totally implode the offensive skill position group.

2 hours ago, cenj said:

CD had a nice year, but he's no AJB and he's not an ideal match for this offense as the #2. We desperately need a deep threat that requires safety help.

AJB can win 1-on-1 contested throws, and he's dynamic on slants with his YAC. We've been a playaction team who is dedicated to running the ball. Forget Henry's stats (and the MVP talk, lol), teams can shut down the run game if they want to. Henry needs room to accelerate and his lack of ability as a reciever limits playcalls. We're very predictable in many ways, and defenses can flood the LOS and running lanes. Today isn't the first day good defenses figured out how to limit the offense, and we're going to see this stuff against all playoff caliber defenses going forward.

Last year we got away with Raymond being our big play guy. We need a more dynamic threat on the field every down to keep defenses from crowding the LOA and doubling AJB. Davis is a good possession receiver with plus athleticism, but he can't separate enough. 

If we do move on from Davis someone brought up the idea of trying to get Brandin Cooks in here.

Personally, I'd like to re-sign Davis and try to get Cooks in here. But that's just me.

Edited by NashvilleNinja
1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

If we do move on from Davis someone brought up the idea of trying to get Brandin Cooks in here.

Someone brought it up and I’ve come around to Cooks as well. Excellent #2 with deep speed

I think Davis should be our TE... just give the thought a minute in your head. Think about it. 

he is 6’3 215lb and can run block like no other. He rarely drops passes and can play the X and the Z. He is a big dude. My friend who watched him the first time when he was a rookie knew nothing about him and said “That dudes a WR?! He looks like a tight end”

with us in a spot to lose Davis, and Smith… Makes me want to say that we should resign Cory Davis and let Smith watch, and then shift Davis over to tight end sooooo I would love to know what your guises thoughts are on that? I think if you could add a solid 15 pounds and come into the season at 6’3 and 230-235 and by end of the season he could be sitting around 6’3 and 240 pounds. 

We could grab a WR in the 2nd and 3rd rounds since we will have two third rounders. 

Davis would never move to TE but I think he could and I think he would be very successful at it.