Corey Davis WTF

titansfan

7 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

I don't follow the other teams closely, but which teams in particular are we comparing to that are so deep at WR?  It seems the Titans fielded one of their best receiving units with Brown, Davis, Humphries, and the TEs.  

Look no further than the other 3 teams in our division. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Davis is a solid WR who has battled injuries since being drafted. It's got nothing to do with missing big games.    If he can be retained cost effectively I'd do it depending on other possib

Huh?

Man Oh man, this is big dumb thought of the week material

Jonnu is fantastic. He basically converted into a run blocker once our OLine got decimated. He should have a big year next year assuming the oline is healthier or we get a better blocking TE. 

Good Riddance to Art Smith. Real fucking genius coaching today. He can fuck right off with that Raymond pass and the hilariously bad usage of Henry today. 

And Vrabel... I don’t have words for him yet. This was the worst 11-5 year I’ve ever seen .

10 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Humphries has contributed very little in his two years, Jonnu runs bad routes, and Davis disappears in big games more often than not. Really we have AJB and some good play from Firkser. We need guys who could play for other teams as depth, not practice squad guys. 

Amazing we had a top offense and an 11-5 record with all of these stiffs...

Seemed to me CD wasn't part of the game plan. 

They had him in tight and blocking quite a bit.

Never really saw any plays designed to go his way. All the first reads seemed to be elsewhere.  

The defense played well.  The offense was MIA and the OC sucked outside of one drive in the first half.  

We told the Ravens how to win.......just run the freaking ball all day long do not let Jackson throw.  

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

Seemed to me CD wasn't part of the game plan. 

They had him in tight and blocking quite a bit.

Never really saw any plays designed to go his way. All the first reads seemed to be elsewhere.  

He dropped two key third down passes.  Wake up.

1 hour ago, titansfan said:

Was he hurt, did he have a fall out, did he quit? Is this likely his last game? Vrabel's press conference was a virtual non answer 

Bad pick, not his fault seems like a great guy. Cant seperate and thats an issue in the NFL for a WR1 drafted player.

Hope he does well wherever he lands...

CD had a nice year, but he's no AJB and he's not an ideal match for this offense as the #2. We desperately need a deep threat that requires safety help.

AJB can win 1-on-1 contested throws, and he's dynamic on slants with his YAC. We've been a playaction team who is dedicated to running the ball. Forget Henry's stats (and the MVP talk, lol), teams can shut down the run game if they want to. Henry needs room to accelerate and his lack of ability as a reciever limits playcalls. We're very predictable in many ways, and defenses can flood the LOS and running lanes. Today isn't the first day good defenses figured out how to limit the offense, and we're going to see this stuff against all playoff caliber defenses going forward.

Last year we got away with Raymond being our big play guy. We need a more dynamic threat on the field every down to keep defenses from crowding the LOA and doubling AJB. Davis is a good possession receiver with plus athleticism, but he can't separate enough. 

Edited by cenj