Trump Impeached Again: Conviction Highly Unlikely

tgo

Just now, Titans279 said:

I think this is actually not true

You're right that it is overblown as there are more wealthy people in the Republican party than the Democratic party, and there will be a war between what Rubio wants (R's to be the working man's party) and what McConnell wants - for the party to be the Chamber of Commerce party. 

But the Republican base is still populist now, even as the average Republican is better off than the average Democrat. It's more of a nationalist populism though, but these are people by and large that support things like more economic stimulus. 

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no idea if this is true...but it sounds worth the trouble

There also has to be more pressure on people like Cruz and the other elected officials who publicly supported this.    Dems should be getting messaging going non stop and demanding investiga

Posted Images

Just now, Titans279 said:

Also helps derail the Biden agenda and distracts from Biden's first 100 days. What a coincidence!

Oh please. Dems are responsible for that if they send over the articles immediately.

I wonder if McConnell could be replaced minority leader. If the majority of Republicans in the Senate don’t like the way he deals with the impeachment and also blame him for the mess of the $2000 stimulus blockage then they could replace him.

Seems unlikely, but if the GOP has a schism then you never know. 

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

I wonder if McConnell could be replaced minority leader. If the majority of Republicans in the Senate don’t like the way he deals with the impeachment and also blame him for the mess of the $2000 stimulus blockage then they could replace him.

Seems unlikely, but if the GOP has a schism then you never know. 

Can they? He was elected when the new congress was sworn in earlier this month. Won't he be the caucus leader until after the 2022 midterms?

6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Can they? He was elected when the new congress was sworn in earlier this month. Won't he be the caucus leader until after the 2022 midterms?

I have no idea, but if they can would they?

And yes, it may be something we wouldn’t see happen until 2022.

46 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Oh please. Dems are responsible for that if they send over the articles immediately.

McConnell isn't responsible for not bringing them to the floor ASAP instead of punting until after Biden is President?

10 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

McConnell isn't responsible for not bringing them to the floor ASAP instead of punting until after Biden is President?

We don’t know what McConnell’s objectives are or how much time he needs to rally votes. 

It doesnt matter anyway, the Senate trial will take weeks. 

50 minutes ago, tgo said:

We don’t know what McConnell’s objectives are or how much time he needs to rally votes. 

It doesnt matter anyway, the Senate trial will take weeks. 

Senate Democrats were calling for it to start immediately. It definitely goes against the "Trump is currently a danger to us" narrative to wait.

Regardless oldschool's reply to my comment is gibberish. lol

How is it Democrats' fault?

• tgo changed the title to Trump Impeached Again: Conviction Highly Unlikely