Next COVID-Economic Stimulus Bill

tgo

6 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

As if the alternative to Manchin in WV is some liberal. If it isn’t Manchin we get another crazy Republican asshole from there...

Exactly. Red/purple state Dem Senators are worth their weight in GOLD and is why the Dems need to recruit GOP defectors. With them, you get some of the votes you need but not all of the votes you want. The alternative is a fucking cross burner. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Republicans desperately want to be seen giving out free money...

As if the alternative to Manchin in WV is some liberal. If it isn’t Manchin we get another crazy Republican asshole from there...

Rubio is playing for 2024

• tgo changed the title to Next COVID-Economic Stimulus Bill
1 hour ago, tgo said:

The ending of tipped minimum wage is going to be a tough one in the south. Restaurants flock to these regions because of it. It doesn’t mean it will hit a large percentage of their bottom line, but in my experience these people are ideologically driven and will take it out on the workers. 

25 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Are Republicans going to vote for this?

Do we need them to? The votes in the House are there and only Manchin is an issue in the Senate. I'm willing to bet they can find a few replacement votes to offset Manchin from the Romney-Collins-Murkowsi-Sasse Bloc.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Do we need them to? The votes in the House are there and only Manchin is an issue in the Senate. I'm willing to bet they can find a few replacement votes to offset Manchin from the Romney-Collins-Murkowsi-Sasse Bloc.

It was reported they will try to pass this bill with Republican votes to save reconciliation for another use. There's no way this will pass with Republican votes though.

It would also have to be cut way down to pass with reconciliation and then means that their hands are tied on anything else this year.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Can this particular bill be passed with budget reconciliation? 

I think it would be filibustered if not.