Trump Wants to Pardon Himself

tgo

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

Read what I posted above (long quote from USA Today). Basically it’s 2/3rds to remove him from office but only a simple majority to disqualify him from holding office again.

that's what the Senate says. Having never been tested it would go to the courts if he wanted to challenge it, just like Trump's self pardon which the Justice Department determined was illegal back in the 70s.

I'm not lawyer but I wonder why they think it would require a simple majority lol. Doesn't make intuitive sense at all.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm convinced he knew at this moment he didn't want to be President.    His narcissistic ego bit off more than his fat lazy ass could chew.    I take solace in knowing he's going t

For a while I thought it would be best for the Dem nominee to let Trump off the hook so we didn’t start a war or see a huge rise in sectarian violence. I changed my mind before yesterday, but yesterda

Just now, Titans279 said:

that's what the Senate says. Having never been tested it would go to the courts if he wanted to challenge it, just like Trump's self pardon which the Justice Department determined was illegal back in the 70s.

I'm not lawyer but I wonder why they think it would require a simple majority lol. Doesn't make intuitive sense at all.

That’s fine. There is precedent. Let him contest it. 

Regardless, impeach the fucker and then disqualify him. They have the votes. Probably not to convict but certainly enough to disqualify him. It would be a presidential first.

6 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Regardless, impeach the fucker and then disqualify him. They have the votes. Probably not to convict but certainly enough to disqualify him. It would be a presidential first.

I’m honestly hoping he runs again in 2024 and it ends once and for all the Republican Party. I know it’s somewhat a risk with how crazy Republicans are, but at least with Trump you know he’s stupid. Someone else with his exact same ideology but who is reserved and intelligent poses a much bigger threat to the country, and we know for a fact those same Republicans will fall in goose step anyways. 

This doesn’t mean I disagree he needs to be impeached and hopefully disqualified. Even that may not stop him from trying and the party is truly fractured. I guess that’s my hope. Let him be disqualified and then run anyways. 

8 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

A vote to disqualify him of only 50 Democrats and Harris will enrage them over more and might not even work.

We needed Republicans to stand up for what's right, but they didn't at any point of all this, so here were are.

7 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

A vote to disqualify him of only 50 Democrats and Harris will enrage them over more and might not even work.

We needed Republicans to stand up for what's right, but they didn't at any point of all this, so here were are.

Romney would vote to disqualify, IMO. A handful of others might, too.

14 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m honestly hoping he runs again in 2024 and it ends once and for all the Republican Party. I know it’s somewhat a risk with how crazy Republicans are, but at least with Trump you know he’s stupid. Someone else with his exact same ideology but who is reserved and intelligent poses a much bigger threat to the country, and we know for a fact those same Republicans will fall in goose step anyways. 

This doesn’t mean I disagree he needs to be impeached and hopefully disqualified. Even that may not stop him from trying and the party is truly fractured. I guess that’s my hope. Let him be disqualified and then run anyways. 

I too am afraid of Tom Cotton running.

37 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Read what I posted above (long quote from USA Today). Basically it’s 2/3rds to remove him from office but only a simple majority to disqualify him from holding office again.

But then couldnt a new senate just reinstate his ability later?.. thus creating an even stronger following?

Edited by titanruss

1 minute ago, titanruss said:

But then couldnt a new senate just reinstate his ability later?.. thus creating an even stronger following?

I’m not sure if they can dis-disqualify him or not. Where is the mechanism for that?

But even if they could, who cares? Disqualify him.

I do not think you can pardon the leader of sedition.  I would not want to pardon anyone but the idiots with zero leadership status.  Tell them God didn't pardon the devil, so go to hell.  Regular prison with the Trumptards.

Sorry, too many replies to read if this has been stated.

15 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I do not think you can pardon the leader of sedition.  I would not want to pardon anyone but the idiots with zero leadership status.  Tell them God didn't pardon the devil, so go to hell.  Regular prison with the Trumptards.

Sorry, too many replies to read if this has been stated.

Trump is their god.