PFT: Buzz Growing Watson Could Demand Trade

AvgJoe

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just hate to see all this dysfunction at the Texans and Jags. 

The biggest takeaway is that Cal McNair is in fact Tommy Boy.....He's allowed some Jesus Freak manipulator to take over and run everything.  It will come out that McNair and Easterby are probably into

Can only hope they don't trade him and he actually sits out and then they are forced to accept less than they could of got if they traded him before the draft.

Posted Images

On 1/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, titansfan said:

The more I look at this situation, the more I think the odds favor Miami if all parties are interested. 

Precedent:

2009- Denver traded Jay Cutler to Chicago and a 5th round pick for a 1RP, 3RP, a future 1RP, and QB Kyle Orton.

2011- Cincinnati traded Carson Palmer to Oakland for a 1RP and a conditional future 2RP that could become a 1RP.

So it would appear that the baseline price for an average starting QB is two 1st round picks. Obviously Watson will command much more. Now consider Watson's skill level, age, and incrediblu team friendly contract-- you're looking at Houston commanding a high draft pick for each of those traits. Also, pressure will be on Houston to get just value because they will be responsible for setting precedent for a trade like this. I'd also imagine if Miami is interested they will be motivated to make it happen so id err on the side that they would overpay (from other's perspective).

My prediction"

Miami receives:

QB Deshaun Watson

WR Brandin Cooks

2021 5th Round Pick

Houston receives:

QB Tua Tagovailoa

CB Noah Igbinoghene

2021 1st round pick (3rd overall)

2021 2nd round pick (36th overall)

2021 4th round pick

2022 1st round pick 

2022 3rd round pick

2023 1st round pick 

The only problem is they have no levrage because Watson can block the trade and teams know he wants to leave. So I expect if they do trade him it will be less than expected. I am not saying they get near nothing but I don't see the 3-4 first rounders people are talking about.

14 minutes ago, Callidus said:

The only problem is they have no levrage because Watson can block the trade and teams know he wants to leave. So I expect if they do trade him it will be less than expected. I am not saying they get near nothing but I don't see the 3-4 first rounders people are talking about.

If they trade Watson 3 first rounders is the minimum plus other compensation. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

My point is that is fair market value. If he can say he will only go to blank team then that means they have less bargaing strength. So that will bring it down some. Him also all but saying he won't play for the Texans drops the price a bit as well. 

If he wants to be can pull a Palmer and just retire and they will have to take even less. Again if he does get traded I see it being more like 2 firsts and a few mid late round picks or a player or 2. Not the 3-4 firsts plus extra stuff being talked about.

7 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Hey Touched, I don't think @unauthorizedcinnamon is going to be able to cut it as a tard army enforcer. You better go find WVTitanTard. Do you need his phone number? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by ManningEnvy

Watson is an idiot to think his opinion matters when it comes to front office decisions. 

That said, I am happy he wants out of the AFC South. Im sure the new coach will say all the right things and keep his whiny ass in Houston, of course...

On 1/21/2021 at 9:05 AM, oldschool said:

Its a negotiating tactic. The Dolphins don't want to give up the 3rd overall pick so so they dangle Tua instead. The Texans clearly want that pick to be the base of any trade proposal.

It's a pointless negotiating tactic. The Texans know that if the Dolphins are willing to include Tua in a trade to acquire Watson then they obviously don't view Tua as a franchise guy. And Tua has provided plenty of tape so both parties know who/what he is so the Dolphins aren't fooling anyone.

The Dolphins are either going to cough up that pick or they're not likely to get Watson. If they want him bad enough they'll pony up.