PFT: Buzz Growing Watson Could Demand Trade

AvgJoe

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just hate to see all this dysfunction at the Texans and Jags. 

The biggest takeaway is that Cal McNair is in fact Tommy Boy.....He's allowed some Jesus Freak manipulator to take over and run everything.  It will come out that McNair and Easterby are probably into

Can only hope they don't trade him and he actually sits out and then they are forced to accept less than they could of got if they traded him before the draft.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, scine09 said:

He’d survive...

Oh I thought you were disputing the report - but it was a political statement, my bad. 

I know if I was an athlete, I’d definitely find a place to play with no income taxes, huge chunk of money forfeited for no good reason. 

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

If trading Chase Young was the only way to get Watson then you trade Chase Young. But I don’t think it would come to that as long as they are willing to throw in lots of 1st round picks to win the bidding war.

With how far down they pick and would continue to pick I wouldn’t do it without Chase Young. 

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

I always laugh when I hear about tax consequences for one of these athletes.  I’m pretty sure that Watson can handle the NY taxes...

Whatever he loses in taxes he makes up on Madison Ave. 

Edited by japan

It's harder for NFL mega stars to force their way out of a team.  Unlike the NBA, where as we saw James Harden can say he wants to play in Brooklyn and he then magically ends up traded to Brooklyn.  It seems like the only option NFL players do have is to hold out.  

Has Watson publicly said he would sit out?  Or is that basically the Schefters of the world who are presenting it as an option?  I find it hard to believe that an NFL player in his prime would opt to sit out an entire season.  Look what happened to Le'Veon.  Different position of course.  But Bell basically went from being a top 5 positional talent to an afterthought.  And that was with "saving" his body one year of wear and tear.  Watson is too young in my opinion to pull the "I'm done" card

3 hours ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

It's harder for NFL mega stars to force their way out of a team.  Unlike the NBA, where as we saw James Harden can say he wants to play in Brooklyn and he then magically ends up traded to Brooklyn.  It seems like the only option NFL players do have is to hold out.  

Has Watson publicly said he would sit out?  Or is that basically the Schefters of the world who are presenting it as an option?  I find it hard to believe that an NFL player in his prime would opt to sit out an entire season.  Look what happened to Le'Veon.  Different position of course.  But Bell basically went from being a top 5 positional talent to an afterthought.  And that was with "saving" his body one year of wear and tear.  Watson is too young in my opinion to pull the "I'm done" card

You answered your own question, different positions. Top tier QBs have leverage comparable to NBA players. 

Also, there is precedent. Carson Palmer retired to avoid playing for Cincinnati at age 32  and still got traded for a 1st round pick. That was an out of prime Carson Palmer.

45 minutes ago, titansfan said:

You answered your own question, different positions. Top tier QBs have leverage comparable to NBA players. 

Also, there is precedent. Carson Palmer retired to avoid playing for Cincinnati at age 32  and still got traded for a 1st round pick. That was an out of prime Carson Palmer.

I forgot about Carson.  He's probably the best example.  But he was also 32 and coming off a 20 interception season.  Not sure how much power he really had, and it was just stupid Hue that traded for him.  Luck retired at 29.  He didn't really force a move from the team.  And I don't think he retired with the intention of sitting out and then ever coming back.  He's done. Watson I think will be 26?  Really the prime of his career.  Not sure there's any all pro QB that ever sat out after just 4 years in the league. Clearly they will be at an impasse.  Guess we'll have to see who blinks first.  Given the Hopkins departure and this front office mess, I'm guessing Watson is fuming and is just going to dig his heels in