PFT: Buzz Growing Watson Could Demand Trade

AvgJoe

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just hate to see all this dysfunction at the Texans and Jags. 

The biggest takeaway is that Cal McNair is in fact Tommy Boy.....He's allowed some Jesus Freak manipulator to take over and run everything.  It will come out that McNair and Easterby are probably into

Can only hope they don't trade him and he actually sits out and then they are forced to accept less than they could of got if they traded him before the draft.

Posted Images

The smart trade for Houston is to trade with Miami and to get Tua in the deal. I’m on record as saying I believe Tua is a very bad pro and is a LH Mariota, but it would prevent Houston from forcing a pick at QB for a year or two. 

4 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

It should be a bidding war between the Jets, Bears, Dolphins, and WFT for Watson. The best pure package would likely be the Jets IMO

WFT would be a dark horse.  I wouldn't put it past Synder to part with a ton of draft picks + a promising young player or two.  I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up with him.  It just seems like a WFT move.  The downside with the Jets is that they have very little talent and these other teams can offer picks + young players on rookie contracts.  Plus, pretty sure that Watson wouldn't be that happy going there.

Edited by rns90

I’d imagine the Jets could send #2 this year, a 1st next and 3rd the next, and then Darnold. Similar to what Daniel Jeremiah sent, but getting Darnold would give them a QB to see if they can fix. 

For the record, let me put my full opinion out there:

I think it’s absurd that Watson was made to feel he has so much power and input from the owner (who then didn’t take his thoughts into consideration). Very few players IMO deserve that: Mahomes, Wilson, and Brady is the extent of the list. Watson put up amazing numbers on a 4 win team. He’s made minimal noise in the playoffs. 

The Texans have backed themselves into a corner by making their QB feel like he was king maker and then not following through. It’s hysterical and I hope it sets them back for years. But Watson needs to grow up and realize he is QB, not GM or an Owner

15 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

It should be a bidding war between the Jets, Bears, Dolphins, and WFT for Watson. The best pure package would likely be the Jets IMO

Wonder if Watson would okay a move to the Jets. I think Miami can beat their off, too.

1 minute ago, AvgJoe said:

For the record, let me put my full opinion out there:

I think it’s absurd that Watson was made to feel he has so much power and input from the owner (who then didn’t take his thoughts into consideration). Very few players IMO deserve that: Mahomes, Wilson, and Brady is the extent of the list. Watson put up amazing numbers on a 4 win team. He’s made minimal noise in the playoffs. 

The Texans have backed themselves into a corner by making their QB feel like he was king maker and then not following through. It’s hysterical and I hope it sets them back for years. But Watson needs to grow up and realize he is QB, not GM or an Owner

I think you have this all wrong. I believe that is only a part of the problem. The fact that Watson has the full support of his teammates right now in the face of wanting out tells me this an organizational problem.

You guys are trying too hard to shoehorn your disdain with athletes using their clout to influence their situations, when in this case Watson appears to be justified with wanting out of that mess.