PFT: Buzz Growing Watson Could Demand Trade

AvgJoe

Just now, scine09 said:

As a Titans fan do you want Watson traded?  I think he right now is one of the 3 best QBs in football.  However, we all know that Watson would get a gigantic return.  And it could help the Texans restock.  Right now, with Watson, they are a lousy team.  And they have no first or second round picks and I’m pretty sure a bad cap situation.  So it’s going to take at least two years for the Texans to become a legit playoff contender again.  That’s another full year to waste Watson’s talents.  And who knows what happens between now and then with Watson.  So the question is would you rather have at least a year or two of Watson on a terrible team even if it’s within the division or the Texans to trade him, tank this year but then possibly own the two drafts afterwards.  

We wouldn't have to worry about them improving any time for the next 2 years or so and having picks only means something if their front office can make the right selections, and there is nothing that says that will be the case. As a Titans fan, yes, get Watson out the division. He's an elite QB

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just hate to see all this dysfunction at the Texans and Jags. 

The biggest takeaway is that Cal McNair is in fact Tommy Boy.....He's allowed some Jesus Freak manipulator to take over and run everything.  It will come out that McNair and Easterby are probably into

Can only hope they don't trade him and he actually sits out and then they are forced to accept less than they could of got if they traded him before the draft.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, titansfan said:

I also think for a new GM/coach... if their star QB truly wants out and they can't have the luxury of having a guy like Watson then getting a shit ton of 1st round picks to restock the cupboard (and possibly a young stud QB if they were able to get Tua) is a great consolation prize to kick-start a rebuild

This is the only reason I even think it's a possibility. I don't think they're so much worried about Watson being disgruntled, but I do think it's possible their quickest path to relevancy might be to restock draft picks. Their cap situation will make it difficult to do much in free agency.

O'Brien pretty much fucked them over with not a lot of options.

3 minutes ago, titansfan said:

We wouldn't have to worry about them improving any time for the next 2 years or so and having picks only means something if their front office can make the right selections, and there is nothing that says that will be the case. As a Titans fan, yes, get Watson out the division. He's an elite QB

I tend to agree.  But I can see the argument both ways.

6 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I tend to agree.  But I can see the argument both ways.

Judging by the Pats recent draft record, I'd say yeah please trade him away.  I was going to go the other way and say keep Watson but then I remembered how crappy Caserio has been as a personnel/draft guy.

I would also ask for #3 overall pick instead of Tua +#18 in titansfan hypothethical trade.

43 minutes ago, scine09 said:

As a Titans fan do you want Watson traded?  I think he right now is one of the 3 best QBs in football.  However, we all know that Watson would get a gigantic return.  And it could help the Texans restock.  Right now, with Watson, they are a lousy team.  And they have no first or second round picks and I’m pretty sure a bad cap situation.  So it’s going to take at least two years for the Texans to become a legit playoff contender again.  That’s another full year to waste Watson’s talents.  And who knows what happens between now and then with Watson.  So the question is would you rather have at least a year or two of Watson on a terrible team even if it’s within the division or the Texans to trade him, tank this year but then possibly own the two drafts afterwards.  

Bird in hand or potential bag of shit in other. Id rather the Texans have the potential bag. 

Drafts are crap shoots. Remember how we all thought the ransom we got from the Rams was going to set us up for a decade? I think the only players from that are Henry and Byard. 

3 minutes ago, Tnasty said:

Bird in hand or potential bag of shit in other. Id rather the Texans have the potential bag. 

Drafts are crap shoots. Remember how we all thought the ransom we got from the Rams was going to set us up for a decade? I think the only players from that are Henry and Byard. 

The Texans would get way more though.  There’s at least the chance they could draft enough players to rebuild quickly.

But I agree I would like to see him traded.

I hope he sticks...Watson never really scared me. He's a hustler but other than the first game he ever played against us... he's kinda only done just OK. He put up garbage time stats against a shitty D this year... but really not that special other than that.

Edited by titanruss

1 hour ago, titansfan said:

He has a no trade clause.. he can veto any trade.. and I think he had that added in specifically for the reason that is potentially developing now.

If he is asking to be traded then this doesn’t matter other than picking other teams

Edited by Starkiller

Let's go! Keep holding out Watson. That being said, I do wonder if it could be in the Texans best interest to reap the rewards. They probably would gain 3-4 first round picks along with some secondary picks as well. Could totally rebuild that team from the ground up.