PFT: Buzz Growing Watson Could Demand Trade

AvgJoe

I don't think any team has ever traded a top 5 QB who is only 25.  I can't imagine that there is any chance it happens, but if it did, hopefully it's to a NFC team (or the Titans).

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just hate to see all this dysfunction at the Texans and Jags. 

The biggest takeaway is that Cal McNair is in fact Tommy Boy.....He's allowed some Jesus Freak manipulator to take over and run everything.  It will come out that McNair and Easterby are probably into

Can only hope they don't trade him and he actually sits out and then they are forced to accept less than they could of got if they traded him before the draft.

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Jas said:

(or the Titans).

That is a scenario that needs immediate expulsion from your mind. There is less than zero chance the Titans would trade for Watson and there is an even less of a chance than that where Houston agrees to trade Watson to the Titans. Icesicles will have been formed in hell for a millenia before that would ever be considered.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

He deserves a better situation than the mess that is the Houston Texans. Belichick would win multiple SBs with Watson. As long as it isn’t in the AFC south, I’m all for it. 

29 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

My question is why did Watson sign a long term deal there AFTER they had made all of those trades if he was so disgruntled?

The discontent angle is completely exaggerated IMO.  

You saw what happened to Dakota Prescott? Get the money first, then figure the rest later. Especially at that position. Star QBs command the level of clout that most star NBA players have. Meaning he can generate a market for himself even under contract just because he's at a level where virtually every team would be highly interested AND his host team would have to succumb a bit to his displeasure. 

1 hour ago, Alcibiades said:

They would never trade him within the division. that would be suicide. The Texans are stupid, but come on.

Where you want to go?  Pretty sure he won't be traded at all but as long as they don't trade him to Indy, I am happy as a Titans fan to see him go.  I mean, you did see the trades Houston made this past offseason didn't you?

28 minutes ago, titansfan said:

You saw what happened to Dakota Prescott? Get the money first, then figure the rest later. Especially at that position. Star QBs command the level of clout that most star NBA players have. Meaning he can generate a market for himself even under contract just because he's at a level where virtually every team would be highly interested AND his host team would have to succumb a bit to his displeasure. 

The NFL is nothing like the NBA and just nature of positional value and contracts, the teams able to accommodate draft compensation to acquire him are pretty damn small.