Sam Sloman: Titans Kicker of the Future?

Jonboy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought he was pretty bad - was short on kickoffs, kicked one out of bounds.    Then missed the first try at the end before getting iced, and then barely made it on the upright doink. 

Jonboy:     

I would expect the Titans will ride with Gostkowski for the playoffs, but what about next year? Anyone think Sloman has a chance to stick around?   Make no mistake, the game against Houston

Posted Images

Just now, 10 A See said:

I'm kinda upset he wore Rob's number. Surprised the coaches let him get it. I know it not retired or anything, but still....

He probably doesn't have any clue who Bironas even is and there is absolutely no way that a homocidal (and luckily suicidal) maniac like him will be honored

No way, watching him really made me nostalgic for Got...  How many of his KO's actually made it to the end zone, and that last field goal hitting the upright was heart attack time.

4 hours ago, Jonboy said:

I would expect the Titans will ride with Gostkowski for the playoffs, but what about next year? Anyone think Sloman has a chance to stick around?

Make no mistake, the game against Houston was by far his best game as a pro. He'd been pretty erratic for LAR, missing at least a FG or PAT in 6 of the 7 games he played for them.

On Sunday for the Titans he was 5 for 5 on PATs and, of course, 2 for 2 on FGs. That's only the 2nd time in his short career that he hadn't missed at least once in a game. Perhaps that was the confidence boost he needed to propel him into a solid NFL career.

In his final year of college, he made 86% of his FGs and was perfect on PATs.

Woof dude. How do you watch that bounce of the goal post and those low line drives and want this guy long term? I appreciate his service, and I know kicking is rough across the board, but are our expectations really this low? 

2 hours ago, Bink said:

Woof dude. How do you watch that bounce of the goal post and those low line drives and want this guy long term? I appreciate his service, and I know kicking is rough across the board, but are our expectations really this low? 

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Jonboy: 

73CAFC88-6A06-455F-A527-84F4C2F3A7CD.gif

LOL. I didn't even advocate for it. Just posed the question.

I mean, let's be real...we're talking about a franchise that was comfortable with Greg Joseph and whoever the heck else we had in training camp before they brought in Gostkowkski.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Sloman is in the running for the job next year in training camp.