Around the NFL - Wild Card Weekend

4 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Chiefs D isn't all that. The Browns can best them.

Chiefs have the 11th scoring defense in the NFL.

Chiefs have the 16th ranked defense in total defense.  

Chiefs have the 14th ranked pass defense.

Chiefs have the 21st ranked rush defense.

Chiefs weakness is against the run, but that is by design.  

It will come down to injuries.  I think the Browns could get the Chiefs, but I don't think they will.

The Steelers had to turn the ball over five times for the Browns to win by 11 and the Chiefs would dumptruck the Steelers.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In honor of the Browns' return to postseason play...  

That's awesome...because that's as close to anything resembling the Lombardi trophy he'll ever touch.

Posted Images

On 1/10/2021 at 11:12 PM, dcblanton said:

I don't think there are any easy wins in the NFL.

I think the Ravens and Buccaneers win. Heck, I can even see the Browns and Rams winning.  

I can't see the Browns winning at KC, although the Rams could possibly win at GB. I really doubt the Bucs have much of a chance at NO.

9 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

I can't see the Browns winning at KC, although the Rams could possibly win at GB. I really doubt the Bucs have much of a chance at NO.

So, the pluses and minuses of following a team closely is that you see their strengths and you see their weaknesses.

The Chiefs strength is obviously their passing offense.  That is awesome.  Under Reid, they typically don't have 'great' offensive lines, just good enough.  Their best lineman went down after the Chiefs played the Bills and the Ravens.    Mahomes seems to be getting a little more impatient, and fearless.   That can be great, but it can also lead to unnecessary turnovers.

Chiefs run defense is not great.  Browns will be a challenge, especially if the Chiefs don't get up early or fall behind.  Derek Henry is a beast, but Chubb is probably the more well rounded back and then Hunt is another top 10 back.  

Browns work their tight ends a lot, which has been an issue for the Chiefs.  Do I think the Chiefs win?  Yeah.  But, I can see the Browns posing a threat.

It will be interesting to see how Donald plays versus the Packers.  If he is full go, I can see the Rams winning.

I am not as sold on the Saints as some.  I feel like they always fail in the playoffs and I think that Brees has lost a lot.  I don't think the Bucs will win, but they can.  I think the Bucs have gotten better and the Saints have gotten worse over the course of the season.  We shall see.

On 1/11/2021 at 11:44 PM, logicals said:

Bills had one of the hardest SOS in the league and one of the best (if not THE best) Strength Of Victory of any playoff team. In other words, the Bills played the toughest competition and are still 14-3.

By the way, I am pulling for the Bills.  I hate the Ravens and I would much rather play the Bills if the Chiefs get past the Browns. 

All trash talk aside, the Bills are good, but the Chiefs matchup better with them than with the Ravens.  

And, that is assuming the Chiefs can win the game versus the Browns.  Any given Sunday and all that. 

I am pleased that the Chiefs didn't have to face the Ravens AND the Bills, which is what I thought would happen if the Steelers made it through.

12 hours ago, dcblanton said:

So, the pluses and minuses of following a team closely is that you see their strengths and you see their weaknesses.

Do I think the Chiefs win?  Yeah.  But, I can see the Browns posing a threat.

It's not that I think the Chiefs are too good to lose, it's that I think the Browns aren't good enough to win. I doubt this game will be close.

7 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

It's not that I think the Chiefs are too good to lose, it's that I think the Browns aren't good enough to win. I doubt this game will be close.

From your mouth to God's ears.  After 50 years of futility and many of those with early exits and exits in the divisional round after a bye (1st or 2nd seeds)... finally culminating in the Super Bowl win..... and knowing that repeating is difficult, having injuries and not seeing the Chiefs playing their best for the last 8 games or so....   Whelp, I guess I'm just a worry wart.