Around the NFL - Wild Card Weekend

11 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Not if either the Browns or Colts win, the Chiefs will play whoever the lowest remaining seed in the AFC is.

And if the colts and browns win we would host the browns and the colts would go to kc.  

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In honor of the Browns' return to postseason play...  

That's awesome...because that's as close to anything resembling the Lombardi trophy he'll ever touch.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, OzTitan said:

In all seriousness, how much worse was he compared to Conklin's 2019 season?

To my eye a lot worse. Not a better pass protector despite what you'll hear on this board and very weak in the run game. He's a below average starting RT that people have convinced themselves is just as good as a pro bowl caliber tackle. He's not complete trash or anything but good pass rushers abuse him where Conklin might lose a few reps but generally keep the QB clean.

23 hours ago, abenjami said:

The 7 playoff teams thing makes so much more sense when you see the TV schedule. 

You can make more money selling 6 playoff games on Wildcard Weekend instead of only 4. 

Lamar Hunt, the founder of the Chiefs and largely credited with the creation of the AFL, always said that it was foolish to have byes in the playoffs.  He was a proponent of 7 teams for a long time and he's been dead 17 years now.  So, at least back to the early nineties.

The playoffs are the cream of the crop in terms of games, why have byes limit the amount of advertising. 

I wonder if they will ever add an eighth.  I assume they will if we ever get to 40 teams.

58 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

Lamar Hunt, the founder of the Chiefs and largely credited with the creation of the AFL, always said that it was foolish to have byes in the playoffs.  He was a proponent of 7 teams for a long time and he's been dead 17 years now.  So, at least back to the early nineties.

The playoffs are the cream of the crop in terms of games, why have byes limit the amount of advertising. 

I wonder if they will ever add an eighth.  I assume they will if we ever get to 40 teams.

7 is the right number with the current amount of teams. 6 always felt a little too exclusive, especially when division winners were assured of a berth even if they in fact were trash.  Always felt like a decent squad with a legit chance to at least reach a conference title game would be left out every two to three years. 

I like only one team getting the bye as well. There should be a real reward for being the one seed and it shouldn't be shared with a second team.

18 hours ago, nine said:

Interesting factoid about the Bucs @ WTF game:   In the past 20 years, the league has seen two instances where a 7-win team won their division.    In both cases, the 7-win team hosted a supposedly better team in the wildcard round....and in both cases, the 7-win team won and advanced to the divisional round.

I wouldn't be all that surprised to see the WTF (or WFT) win on Sunday against the Bucs. I'd love to see it just to make Tony Dungy STFU about his former team! :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

For the football nerds who love free agency and the mechanisms of the salary cap this is an interesting read at how the Eagles have begun the process of fixing the shambolic state of their salary cap.

The Eagles were always creative with mechanisms like cap carry-over when it came into effect 2011 or so, doing stuff that other teams didn't seem to think of. This article hints at it, from 2013: https://overthecap.com/an-offseason-look-at-the-philadelphia-eagles/

• Jonboy unpinned this topic