Thank you Tannehill, Henry, and AJ!!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I always thought he got the raw end.  I think if his circumstances had been different going in he could have been a high end QB.

LOL, he has a career passer rating of 82. He has had more chances than he deserves. He is not an NFL QB. Nice guy, Good teammate. Probably has a career in coaching or in the broadcast booth, but no thank you to him as the starting QB. In fact, I did not watch the Dolphins last season BECAUSE they signed Fitz. 

Edited by FinFaninNOVA
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

#3 pick in the first and second rounds for the Dolphins thanks to that win! Good luck in the playoffs. Hope you win it all. 

And thank you Dolphins for Tannehill!!!   I love it when it goes both ways. @woolfolksunclesuncle 

Tua is good when receivers are “Alabama open”, but NFL open, not so much...

Posted Images

Fitzpatrick is not the answer for anyone. He truly is what he is. That's why it's scary that he was a better option than Tua. You can hide behind Tua being a rookie but so were Herbert, Burrow, Hurts, etc and none of those teams would've benched them for a guy like Fitzpatrick. They're going to seriously consider taking a QB at #3. 

Or Miami could trade Tua + a few of Houston's picks....BACK to Houston for Deshaun?!

They're desperate and have NO draft picks...and not many ways to get 'em lol.

Nevermind...I forgot BOB was gone....

Edited by PhinFan1968
12 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Happy to be of service. Here's another favor; pray to God your GM uses that first rounder on a QB. Tua ain't it. You will feel the desire to deny it but don't. We've seen plenty of QBs bust before and he's on the fast track. Not trying to offend just giving you an outsider perspective.

Teams rarely ever draft QB's back to back years, especially first round, and definitely not back to back top five.

That said, I agree assuming that Fields is still there.  Otherwise, I don't think you can reach at QB and compound the mistake of taking Tua last year.

And, the Miami coaches know Tua better than we do, so hopefully, they act according to that, and not in an effort to save face.

2 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

Teams rarely ever draft QB's back to back years, especially first round, and definitely not back to back top five.

That said, I agree assuming that Fields is still there.  Otherwise, I don't think you can reach at QB and compound the mistake of taking Tua last year.

And, the Miami coaches know Tua better than we do, so hopefully, they act according to that, and not in an effort to save face.

I mean...

If they want to give Tua 2, 3 years I'm OK with that...but I hope they're maneuvering for something in the meantime.

The fanbase wanted to lynch Tannehill after his rookie year...same with Buffalo with Allen.  I'm not saying he's the savior in development...but I certainly understand if they want to see more before Rosening him.  The skill level of his OL and weapons is almost criminal (even worse than what Tannehill had to deal with overall).

That said...it wouldn't hurt my feelings AT ALL if they made a move on Trevor.

9 minutes ago, PhinFan1968 said:

I mean...

If they want to give Tua 2, 3 years I'm OK with that...but I hope they're maneuvering for something in the meantime.

The fanbase wanted to lynch Tannehill after his rookie year...same with Buffalo with Allen.  I'm not saying he's the savior in development...but I certainly understand if they want to see more before Rosening him.  The skill level of his OL and weapons is almost criminal (even worse than what Tannehill had to deal with overall).

That said...it wouldn't hurt my feelings AT ALL if they made a move on Trevor.

I actually think Fields could be the better QB at the next level.   I am one of few who feel that way, I know.  I feel like Trevor has a longer throwing motion.  So, could have more issues at the next level getting the ball out.

20 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

The coaches know him better than us and benched him in key moments. That speaks volumes. 

56 minutes ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

LOL, he has a career passer rating of 82. He has had more chances than he deserves. He is not an NFL QB. Nice guy, Good teammate. Probably has a career in coaching or in the broadcast booth, but no thank you to him as the starting QB. In fact, I did not watch the Dolphins last season BECAUSE they signed Fitz. 

Oh he's definitely an NFL QB.  Certainly not a top 15 QB but he's better than several starters right now.  I'd take him over Darnold, Newton, B. Allen, Mayfield, Glennon, Luck, Dalton, Jones, Hurts, Smith, Trubisky, Bridgewater, Murray, Goff and Beathard if I had to win a game tomorrow.  Certainly not long-term but right now?  Yes.

Edited by scine09
17 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The coaches know him better than us and benched him in key moments. That speaks volumes. 

It seems to.  It would have been interesting to see what they would have done if Fitzpatrick was available week 17.

It could also be that they were trying to protect their franchise QB from negativity.  Just a thought.

12 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Oh he's definitely an NFL QB.  Certainly not a top 15 QB but he's better than several starters right now.  I'd take him over Darnold, Newton, B. Allen, Mayfield, Glennon, Luck, Dalton, Jones, Hurts, Smith, Trubisky, Bridgewater, Murray, Goff and Beathard if I had to win a game tomorrow.  Certainly not long-term but right now?  Yes.

You can have him. 

Just now, dcblanton said:

It seems to.  It would have been interesting to see what they would have done if Fitzpatrick was available week 17.

It could also be that they were trying to protect their franchise QB from negativity.  Just a thought.

They most certainly would've started Fitzpatrick after his late game heroics vs the Raiders. They tried to protect Tua early by starting the season with Fitz and only going to Tua when they thought he'd have the easiest go of things and he was so bad they had to go back to Fitz. You know going back to Fitz was they last thing they wanted to do after how public Fitz's benching was and how bad it looks to sit your young "franchise QB". They thought Fitz gave them a better chance to win, simple as that.