Thank you Tannehill, Henry, and AJ!!

1 minute ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

Clearly much is still based on his performance in college. In addition, the Dolphins are a very limited team on offense. They have almost no play makers. IMO, you just have to evaluate the QB in a situation where he has a chance. There is no downside to adding talent in the draft at other positions, If they take a QB next draft, they've already wasted a top 5 pick (2020 or 2021). If any team should be wary of putting too much blame on the QB, it is the Dolphins. 

I think the Dolphins have weapons.  Fitzpatrick certainly wasn't struggling.  

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

#3 pick in the first and second rounds for the Dolphins thanks to that win! Good luck in the playoffs. Hope you win it all. 

And thank you Dolphins for Tannehill!!!   I love it when it goes both ways. @woolfolksunclesuncle 

Tua is good when receivers are “Alabama open”, but NFL open, not so much...

Posted Images

11 hours ago, rns90 said:

If they are going to trade down from #3, take the best available defender.  Flores is a defensive coach and they rarely take WR high.  With #18, they can take a RB or WR there.  Depends if they sign someone in FA like Golladay, if so it reduces the need to take/reach for WR.  #18 is a good spot for another trade down or just take the offensive player you want.  May consider trading up from that 2nd rounder they got from HOU just to get the 5th year.

I'd echo that they finally seem to have found Shula's successor.  And that you can be really happy for.

They definitely need to add play makers at WR. Don't care if it is via FA or the draft. 

IMO, the defense was a bit of a mirage also. I am always wary of a defense on a team with a very low scoring offense. IMO, teams know that the Dolphins are not a threat on offense and they play differently.... until they don't.... then 56 points happens. 

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I think the Dolphins have weapons.  Fitzpatrick certainly wasn't struggling.  

Well, then your definition of "wasn't struggling" is different than mine. He had wins against Jax, NYJ x 2, a depleted SF team, and a 1 in a million throw against LV. 

Just now, FinFaninNOVA said:

Well, then your definition of "wasn't struggling" is different than mine. He had wins against Jax, NYJ x 2, a depleted SF team, and a 1 in a million throw against LV. 

Did the offense move better with Fitzpatrick in than Tua?

With Fitzpatrick they played like a competent offense.  With Tua....

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

That is Fitz’s MO though. Look competent for a stretch on any team with any talent level then stink it up.

Edited by japan
5 hours ago, Hyperion said:

The Dolphins are in a very interesting position with the third pick as they have many different possibilities, none of which at this moment appear to be far superior to the other paths they could take.  Miami has a huge need for more weapons on offense, so maybe DeVonta Smith makes a lot of sense. They are probably going to be a fringe playoff team for a while so the opportunity to draft a lineman like Sewell must be incredibly tempting because this is likely their last shot to be in a position to grab the top OT.  A player like that seems to be very high reward and low risk. You can never have enough defense and whoever they deem the best defensive player in the draft will certainly be available at three. They could trade down and horde even more picks which is always nice. They could draft a QB if they fall in love with one outside the top two.

All of these are somewhat viable which is great and terrifying as it makes it even more important that the Miami front office doesn't screw it up.

Oh how I wish there was a player like Chase Young this year..... I don't watch much college football but none of the draft chatter is pointing out a defensive player that could challenge to be one of the top two or three picks. 

Just now, japan said:

That is Fitz’s MO though. Look competent for a stretch on any team with any talent level then stink it up.

I always thought he got the raw end.  I think if his circumstances had been different going in he could have been a high end QB.

Just now, scine09 said:

I always thought he got the raw end.  I think if his circumstances had been different going in he could have been a high end QB.

Lol. How many chances does Fitz need? He’s a known commodity. 

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

No, they didn't play like a competent offense..... They played like a mediocre offense with a QB with no more upside. That is why you play the rookie. Fitz is a dead end. 

Just now, FinFaninNOVA said:

No, they didn't play like a competent offense..... They played like a mediocre offense with a QB with no more upside. That is why you play the rookie. Fitz is a dead end. 

Agreed. Fitz is fools gold. Miami used him exactly how he should be used this season.