Thank you Tannehill, Henry, and AJ!!

FinFaninNOVA

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

#3 pick in the first and second rounds for the Dolphins thanks to that win! Good luck in the playoffs. Hope you win it all. 

And thank you Dolphins for Tannehill!!!   I love it when it goes both ways. @woolfolksunclesuncle 

Tua is good when receivers are “Alabama open”, but NFL open, not so much...

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

I pointed out 10 QBs who either couldn't get on the field or had worse statistical rookie seasons than Tua. Whether they were benched or not is irrelevant. That is a coaches decision.

When a team is in playoff contention, different decisions get made to try to win games. It is a balancing act of getting the rookie reps and winning games. Tua had not played in a longer than normal amount of time. They eased him in. Frankly, I don't think they were expecting to be in playoff contention. They started the season 3-3 with Fitz. They needed to get reps for Tua. They went of a bit of a winning streak. Then they had the dilemma. 

Getting benched was a very relevant factor because it shows that at certain points in the season when the team needed a win, the coaches decided that a journeyman gave them a better chance to win. This is not some common occurrence that you can just brush off. This doesn't typically happen once a team transitions from the current vet starter to the young franchise QB in waiting. Those moves are usually permanent and the rookie is expected to essentially learn on the job because even through his struggles he should be nearly as good or better than the vet he's replacing.  The only exceptions are usually injury but in this case it seems pretty clear that they thought Fitz, who isn't very good was a better option. You're in denial if you don't find that concerning. 

The bigger issue though is that his actual play was not very encouraging. Some of the stats look ok but he was really out there dinking and dunking and didn't really show any uncanny traits that make you think he'll become the guy a lot of your fans wanted to tank for. He's a guy that you can run the Mariota defense against; just sit on the short routes, take away the running game and dare him to beat you deep. When you start to see how often opposing dbs jump Tua's underneath routes at a ridiculous rate you'll know why.

12 hours ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

Well, then your definition of "wasn't struggling" is different than mine. He had wins against Jax, NYJ x 2, a depleted SF team, and a 1 in a million throw against LV. 

You telling me that he dosn't do the throw the ball while being hit and his head turned 160degs from his target all the time? What a let down...

10 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Getting benched was a very relevant factor because it shows that at certain points in the season when the team needed a win, the coaches decided that a journeyman gave them a better chance to win. This is not some common occurrence that you can just brush off. This doesn't typically happen once a team transitions from the current vet starter to the young franchise QB in waiting. Those moves are usually permanent and the rookie is expected to essentially learn on the job because even through his struggles he should be nearly as good or better than the vet he's replacing.  The only exceptions are usually injury but in this case it seems pretty clear that they thought Fitz, who isn't very good was a better option. You're in denial if you don't find that concerning. 

The bigger issue though is that his actual play was not very encouraging. Some of the stats look ok but he was really out there dinking and dunking and didn't really show any uncanny traits that make you think he'll become the guy a lot of your fans wanted to tank for. He's a guy that you can run the Mariota defense against; just sit on the short routes, take away the running game and dare him to beat you deep. When you start to see how often opposing dbs jump Tua's underneath routes at a ridiculous rate you'll know why.

LOL. I already know your opinion. It just doesn't matter. 

24 minutes ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

LOL. I already know your opinion. It just doesn't matter. 

Look man, it's cool. I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. Really wasn't my intent. Good luck to the Dolphins. You guys have a great coach and very good young defense. The Bills need a challenger in the AFC east and hopefully it's you guys. 

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Look man, it's cool. I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. Really wasn't my intent. Good luck to the Dolphins. You guys have a great coach and very good young defense. The Bills need a challenger in the AFC east and hopefully it's you guys. 

It's all good. I'll be rooting for the Titans. Maybe we can combine the Titan offense and the Dolphins defense. That would be something. 

On 1/4/2021 at 6:11 PM, rns90 said:

I going to ask @PhinFan1968 (or any other Dolphin fan) a question here since there seems to be an impasse here.  Point out which games that Tua played well/or exhibited franchise qb traits that made you think, well maybe he could finally be the guy that suceeds Marino?

Don't point out "moments".  Tell me which games that he stood out in for the entirety of it.

One game, IMO.  Against Arizona.

Showed a lot of flashes, was fairly consistent (vs other games anyway).  Balled out for a rookie, IMO.

That's about it.

Edited by PhinFan1968

Oof and so it starts.

According to Salguero, the three players he spoke with — who remained anonymous because they said Dolphins coaches “demand” they never reveal any concerns to the media — agree that Tagovailoa is a great teammate, but that doesn’t automatically translate to on-field talent, and what they saw this season has them worried that he doesn’t have what it takes to elevate his game.

One defensive player said he isn’t impressed with Tagovailoa’s ball velocity or arm strength or ability to make off-schedule plays with his legs. So he ultimately questions whether Tagovailoa will ever be able to match the feats of other quarterbacks in the AFC such as Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson.

https://www.miamiherald.com/article248464745.html