Pick 2 for your Titans

On 12/29/2020 at 9:02 PM, AvgJoe said:

If we don’t bring back Davis and are looking for one, we can get a very good one in round 2 and maybe even round 3. I really want a defensive player in round 1. I love Patrick Jones II with Nick Bolton very close

This is where I am in terms of preference. 

My personal favorite defensive guys are Patrick Jones II, Nick Bolton, Zaven Collins, Christian Barmore, and Shaun Wade (as a nickel). Probably in that order. 

Edited by tgo
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you miss this part?   However, once the season is over, we post draft news/updates here on the main board until after the draft.

Will approach this exercise a little differently and offer up draft replacements for guys who might not return next year due to free agency/cap casualties/age and injury concerns.   Offense

The reason I mentioned Oweh is because he is deemed a physical freak like Clowney not quite as big but he is going to absolutely destroy the combine with his athleticism.

53 minutes ago, tgo said:

This is where I am in terms of preference. 

My personal favorite defensive guys are Patrick Jones II, Nick Bolton, Zaven Collins, Christian Barmore, and Shaun Wade (as a nickel). Probably in that order. 

Hopefully we sign Poole or Hilton as our NB, but I like Shaun Wade a lot as well. Lots of talk of him possibly falling to Round 2 or 3 from Matt Miller which was interesting

3 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Hopefully we sign Poole or Hilton as our NB, but I like Shaun Wade a lot as well. Lots of talk of him possibly falling to Round 2 or 3 from Matt Miller which was interesting

What all did Matt Miller say? 

13 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Miller isn't the only media guy down on Wade he has been awful this year.

22 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Miller isn't the only media guy down on Wade he has been awful this year.

I’ve not watched them play until tonight....is it due more to moving outside the nickel, regression, or not having an Okudah or Arnette to play with?

1 minute ago, AvgJoe said:

I’ve not watched them play until tonight....is it due more to moving outside the nickel, regression, or not having an Okudah or Arnette to play with?

There is certainly a lot less talent around Wade this season but he has also struggled being left one on one outside, not sure teams would be convinced he is going to be an outside CB in the NFL.

44 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

There is certainly a lot less talent around Wade this season but he has also struggled being left one on one outside, not sure teams would be convinced he is going to be an outside CB in the NFL.

There’s no way they will consider him an outside corner. 

And any team that drafts him as an outside corner is probably retarded. 

But at nickel last year, he was the best nickel corner in the country. He should be drafted as a nickel. 

Edited by tgo
20 minutes ago, tgo said:

There’s no way they will consider him an outside corner. 

And any team that drafts him as an outside corner is probably retarded. 

But at nickel last year, he was the best nickel corner in the country. He should be drafted as a nickel. 

No way i'm taking Wade in the first round.

53 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Powell having his way with Wade on that drive.

Powell destroying Wade in his limited opportunities today.

Going to be ugly next week when Wade has to cover Devonta Smith.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

Lol Aussie hates Shaun Wade more than any player in the draft.

Which is interesting because, like Isaiah Wilson who he also hated, he’s a likely Titans target at some point in the first couple rounds. 

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

No way i'm taking Wade in the first round.

Didn’t you say the same thing about Arnette last year and insist that he was going in the second round? 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Lol Aussie hates Shaun Wade more than any player in the draft.

Which is interesting because, like Isaiah Wilson who he also hated, he’s a likely Titans target at some point in the first couple rounds. 

I actually didn't mind Wade after 2019 thought he made a huge mistake not entering the draft then, what I hate is draft twitter ignoring his 2020 season and continuing to mock him in the top 25.

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I actually didn't mind Wade after 2019 thought he made a huge mistake not entering the draft then, what I hate is draft twitter ignoring his 2020 season and continuing to mock him in the top 25.

Well its not just “draft Twitter” - Tony Pauline still thinks he’s a first rounder and he’s fairly plugged in. 

I think he’s more of a second rounder, but could definitely see a team taking him in the late first just to play nickel. 

Edited by tgo

But Wade is a guy that NFL teams

may like more than the draft pundits, and will end up being ranked lower than he should based on his 2020 film at outside corner.