Pick 2 for your Titans

charleytolar

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you miss this part?   However, once the season is over, we post draft news/updates here on the main board until after the draft.

Maybe that part doesn't show up in Bing search results?

Will approach this exercise a little differently and offer up draft replacements for guys who might not return next year due to free agency/cap casualties/age and injury concerns.   Offense

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Horn is a top 15 player isn’t he @AussieTitanFan08

He is probably CB #3 or #4 in this draft class so its a question where that falls in the draft order probably could go anywhere from pick 15 to 30.

Was looking at where the Titans could be picking and there is still a chance they could pick as high as 18th if things go horribly wrong this weekend.

50 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Thank you for playing with a good innovation!

That Oweh selection is bold. Per this list, he is only the 69th rated player and the 8th rated Edge rusher. 

The reason I mentioned Oweh is because he is deemed a physical freak like Clowney not quite as big but he is going to absolutely destroy the combine with his athleticism.

From a value standpoint, wouldn't it be better to wait on WR until round 2 given the depth at the position, if in fact Davis does depart?  People who have followed the draft, which positions (that the Titans need) are the strongest and weakest?

11 minutes ago, rns90 said:

From a value standpoint, wouldn't it be better to wait on WR until round 2 given the depth at the position, if in fact Davis does depart?  People who have followed the draft, which positions (that the Titans need) are the strongest and weakest?

Yeah maybe so. Terrace Marshall is a good second round target. 

27 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Still think it would be an incredibly bad idea to let WR#2 (Davis) and WR#3 (Humphries) both leave this offseason in what is likely to be another covid affected offseason make Tannehill have to work on chemistry with totally new WR behind Brown, also this offense would be a disaster next year if Brown got injured.

33 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Still think it would be an incredibly bad idea to let WR#2 (Davis) and WR#3 (Humphries) both leave this offseason in what is likely to be another covid affected offseason make Tannehill have to work on chemistry with totally new WR behind Brown, also this offense would be a disaster next year if Brown got injured.

It's almost as if the fact Humphries has mostly been the invisible man has made people forget that his contract still exists on the books. Remove that and the money that people think we can't afford to pay Davis magically appears as if out of thin air.

Humphries is the guy you replace in the draft, not Davis. Maybe we can find our own Cooper Kupp or Terry McLaurin in the 3rd.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

2 hours ago, tgo said:

I'll only do the first round. 

This will definitely change but right now I'd say: 

WR Rashod Bateman

or OLB Patrick Jones II

Honorable Mentions: LB Nick Bolton, CB Shaun Wade, DL Christian Barmore 

This is just for shits and giggles, my opinion will change 100 times between now and April. 

Feel like P Jones will be available in the 2nd unless theres a run on EDGE players. Rousseau is the consensus #1 and even i see him slipping to the middle of the 1st.

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

Yeah I would say it would be best to wait until the 2nd or 3rd round. Only way I would take a WR is if one of Chase, Waddle, Smith, or Toney fell to our pick. And that’s if there really isn’t a defender we love. 

With Bateman, Marshall, Olave, Newsome, Wallace, St. Brown, Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, Surratt, etc there is plenty of depth in this class and some players who should be able to contribute. 

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Has been on my radar for while there aren't a huge amount of Corey Davis style physical WR in this draft class.

Sounds like a savant too. Originally committed to Harvard. 

On 12/29/2020 at 9:02 PM, AvgJoe said:

If we don’t bring back Davis and are looking for one, we can get a very good one in round 2 and maybe even round 3. I really want a defensive player in round 1. I love Patrick Jones II with Nick Bolton very close

This is where I am in terms of preference. 

My personal favorite defensive guys are Patrick Jones II, Nick Bolton, Zaven Collins, Christian Barmore, and Shaun Wade (as a nickel). Probably in that order. 

Edited by tgo