Jonboy

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shit, hope Bowen won’t be too distracted

And most of our defensive coaching staff would have trouble getting a job at a Division 3 CFB program.

I hope Arthur doesnt leave.

Posted Images

There are 4-5 teams that could still fire their HC this offseason (Jets/Jags/Chargers/Bears/Eagles) under these new rules they are at a significant disadvantage if they don't fire their HC now, by the time the end of week 17 rolls around in theory the Lions/Texans/Falcons could be in a position to appoint their new HC without those other 5 teams even being in a position to interview some of those candidates.

20 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

You'd prefer they get distracted during the week leading up to a playoff game?

I think they should wait until the season is done, or at least have playoff teams off limits for contact until they are eliminated. 

Edited by Former_Fan

54 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

I think they should wait until the season is done, or at least have playoff teams off limits for contact until they are eliminated. 

Teams want to get hirings done ASAP. And I see no reason why a coach can’t be allowed 1 day off to interview. 

2 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

this seems to be ideal .

if you really wanted to make it balanced across the board, you'd withhold all process' in regards to coaching interviews until AFTER everything league related is concluded , including the Super Bowl.

that way you don't have teams get a head start on others. 

in reality, an extra couple of weeks isn't going to make that big of difference.

11 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Teams want to get hirings done ASAP. And I see no reason why a coach can’t be allowed 1 day off to interview. 

They don't get a day off to interview regardless. 

And anyway, If Arthur Smith for example were to get a Wednesday off to interview, then he'd miss the entire 1st and 2nd down preparation period and it would come at huge expense to the team. 

• Jonboy changed the title to Coaching Carousel