Potentially off topic, but I’m gonna say it.

Flarb

1 minute ago, Cajuntitan said:

Pro teams do WHAT the same?

For example, a team is backed up on its own 15 yard line with two or fewer minutes to go in the first half. I simply like when teams are aggressive. That’s all. 

I think it would be different if we weren't so successful running the ball on 1st down.

During the Fisher years running on first down was frustrating because Eddie was our RB. The man literally almost never ran more than 3 yards. I've never seen so few 5, 6, 7 yard runs. He'd really put us in a hole.

Running on 1st down in this offense is actually a very lucrative play and with Henry there is a chance for a huge, game defining run. 

I get the sentiment and the ghost of this teams 3 yards and a cloud of dust can be haunting. But while we are still a run focused team compared to the rest of the league, it's because it is effective in gaining yardage in chunks while helping bring about the big pass plays. Changing the formula now would likely diminish the success of the offense rather than improve it.

Edited by XAEA12

28 minutes ago, GoodToGo said:

For example, a team is backed up on its own 15 yard line with two or fewer minutes to go in the first half. I simply like when teams are aggressive. That’s all. 

they're backed up on their own 15 within the 2 minute warning .... and do what ? you stopped short of defining "aggressive"

like what ? throw it deep on 3rd ? or go for it on 4th ?

in the NFL, being "aggressive" usually looks like "reckless" and typically results in "terminated".

3 minutes ago, Puck said:

they're backed up on their own 15 within the 2 minute warning .... and do what ? you stopped short of defining "aggressive"

like what ? throw it deep on 3rd ? or go for it on 4th ?

in the NFL, being "aggressive" usually looks like "reckless" and typically results in "terminated".

Aggressive on 1st, 2nd and 3rd the entire drive. Tanney can do it. We all know it. AJ, Davis, Smith, Firkser, Pruitt, whoever. We have the tools. Just cut it loose. 

1 minute ago, Somedude said:

I do not have a massive horse cock. Witch that said. You cannot compare the NFL to College. You look like a fucking retard. The Jets would wipe the floor with Alabama easy.

Once again, you fucking retard, it’s not about a college team vs an NFL team  it’s THE GODDAMN MENTALITY. 

When an NFL team has the time to score, fucking score. Don’t run on first down. Throw the fucking ball. No team who puts its tail between its legs when there’s time on the board at the end of the second quarter is worth a shit  

14 minutes ago, Somedude said:

I do not have a massive horse cock. Witch that said. You cannot compare the NFL to College. You look like a fucking retard. The Jets would wipe the floor with Alabama easy.

The board is confusing. I’ll post this again...

Once again, you fucking retard, it’s not about a college team vs an NFL team. it’s THE GODDAMN MENTALITY. 

When an NFL team has the time to score, fucking score. Don’t run on first down. Throw the fucking ball. No team who puts its tail between its legs when there’s time on the board at the end of the second quarter is worth a shit  

34 minutes ago, GoodToGo said:

The board is confusing. I’ll post this again...

Once again, you fucking retard, it’s not about a college team vs an NFL team. it’s THE GODDAMN MENTALITY. 

Again you pig cock sucking dry decaying cunt crust. Two different worlds. You fail more often then not in that situation in the National Football League.

Pretty sure Alabama got their success running the ball. Names like Ingram, Yeldon, Richardson ,Lacey,  and Henry come to mind. I cant really remember the QBs. Lets look at the QBs over this stretch.

John Wilson - Who the fuck?

Greg McElroy - Nobody

AJ McCarron - Prolly the best one they had and he isnt pro caliber.

Blake Sims - sucked

Jake Coker - nobody

Jalen Hurts - TBD, He went to Oklahoma as well though so can he actually count?

Tua-TBD