Potentially off topic, but I’m gonna say it.

Flarb

The reason Alabama wins is that they do everything they possibly can to score TDs on every drive. 

There is no “feeling out” on O by running on 1st and 10 on their own 20 with a minute left in the first half. They attack. 

What we do seems too much like when Fisher was here. Run on 1st and 10 and if we pick up a decent amount of yards, then we decide to go for broke. However, by doing this, we waste time. And If the run doesn’t produce on first down, we often kind of give up. 

I believe we have to be aggressive anytime there is sufficient time to score. 

Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, GoodToGo said:

The reason Alabama wins is that they do everything they possibly can to score TDs on every drive. 

There is no “feeling out” on O by running on 1st and 10 on their own 20 with a minute left in the first half. They attack. 

What we do seems too much like when Fisher was here. Run on 1st and 10 and if we pick up a decent amount of yards, then we decide to go for broke. However, by doing this, we waste time. And If the run doesn’t produce on first down, we often kind of give up. 

I believe we have to be aggressive anytime there is sufficient time to score. 

Thank you. 

I lived in Alabama a while and I don't believe your analysis is correct.

Alabama wins because Saban gets all the resources he wants and has the one of the top recruiting classes every year. He can afford to redshirt players until they're ready and usually has a substantial physical advantage on both LOS. They typically ran into problems when they didn't have the ability to dominate physically with an old style offensive strategy until just a few years ago when they upgraded their passing system under Kiffen.

Alabama and Saban are the last examples we need.

4 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

I lived in Alabama a while and I don't believe your analysis is correct.

Alabama wins because Saban gets all the resources he wants and has the one of the top recruiting classes every year. He can afford to redshirt players until they're ready and usually has a substantial physical advantage on both LOS. They typically ran into problems when they didn't have the ability to dominate physically with an old style offensive strategy until just a few years ago when they upgraded their passing system under Kiffen.

Alabama and Saban are the last examples we need.

My point is that they play balls out toward the end of the half. Play for TDs. Not FGs, and certainly don’t be passive. 

2 minutes ago, NFL2K5 said:

Watch it Son. Sounds like ole Dad needs to show Junior a little discipline.

Ugh. 

3 minutes ago, NFL2K5 said:

Watch it Son. Sounds like ole Dad needs to show Junior a little discipline.

Just now, Cajuntitan said:

It’s about mentality IN COLLEGE. 

Professional’s bring an assortment of complication and motivation that simply doesn’t exist unless you’re being paid to play. 

Pro teams do the same. I brought up Bama because they were the most recent game I watched. What they do mirrors many NFL teams.