Teair Tart

titaninpgh

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is powerful and is way bigger than I thought he was. I am optimistic about him being able to play a big role going forward. 

It’s possible that he could be a better player than the draft picks in the end (hopefully not!). He and Fulton may be the two best players from the class. Brewer is up there too though, I could see him replacing Jones or Saffold in a few years. 

1 hour ago, tgo said:

I also think this is Da’Quan Jones’ last year here, but you never know. 

I could see him come back on a 1 year deal if he can’t get anything better anywhere else, but I certainly think he is likely to hit free agency before he gets a new contract.

2 hours ago, titaninpgh said:

It's high time we get overly optimistic about an UDFA who is flashing in limited snaps. He whooped Quentin Nelson on the goal line against the Colts. Between Tart and Murchison, they probably can't justify bringing back Daquan Jones.

Tart's agent shared the interesting fact that Vrabel recruited Tart to the Titans. The agent also confirmed he is an arrogant man with his use of the word 'pugilistic':

“Teair was one of top defensive tackles coming out of the 2020 NFL Draft thanks to his athleticism and quickness. His talent level is above the other defensive tackles that were selected before him and he will prove that by playing on Sundays this fall. I had teams fighting over Teair during the draft, but when Coach Mike Vrabel called me several times to have in-depth conversation about Teair’s future with the team, I knew the Titans were the perfect fit. After a pugilistic battle with Coach Vrabel, my team negotiated a great deal for Teair. We know that Coach Vrabel produces great football players on and off the field, and that was a big reason why we choose the Titans organization.”

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2020/6/11/21285423/2020-nfl-draft-titans-udfa-teair-tart-interview

He’s an UDFA. “Top” DTs don’t go undrafted. 

3 hours ago, titaninpgh said:

It's high time we get overly optimistic about an UDFA who is flashing in limited snaps. He whooped Quentin Nelson on the goal line against the Colts. Between Tart and Murchison, they probably can't justify bringing back Daquan Jones.

Tart's agent shared the interesting fact that Vrabel recruited Tart to the Titans. The agent also confirmed he is an arrogant man with his use of the word 'pugilistic':

“Teair was one of top defensive tackles coming out of the 2020 NFL Draft thanks to his athleticism and quickness. His talent level is above the other defensive tackles that were selected before him and he will prove that by playing on Sundays this fall. I had teams fighting over Teair during the draft, but when Coach Mike Vrabel called me several times to have in-depth conversation about Teair’s future with the team, I knew the Titans were the perfect fit. After a pugilistic battle with Coach Vrabel, my team negotiated a great deal for Teair. We know that Coach Vrabel produces great football players on and off the field, and that was a big reason why we choose the Titans organization.”

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2020/6/11/21285423/2020-nfl-draft-titans-udfa-teair-tart-interview

Idk about arrogant, but the charm of a snake oil salesman does waft off the guy like a fully developed fart.

I thought I read Teair Tart was given $323k as part of his UDFA contract to come here. May have been a two or three year deal, I forget. Don’t know what the most we’ve spent to sign one of these guys but that one must be up there.

Seems they had plans for him all along and maybe why Mack was let go.

Edited by GLinks