OILERMAN

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For all the complaining about some of the flaws the team has had the last several weeks the Titans are actually in a pretty good spot right now.   The Titans have one of the best offenses in

Titans are in a good spot overall and the offense is without a doubt one of best in the league....which helps a lot.   But I'm still not sold on the defense.     And while Kern's return is H

I need to see the defense string a few more games together like the one they played yesterday before I'll feel like the defense is playoff caliber. They will be tested by the Browns, Packers, and Texa

It was obvious that Henry was running with way more intensity yesterday than he has been this season.  Not saying he’s been ‘less than’ for the previous games but I was wondering if Vrabel and crew got him worked up before this game.  He looked like he was running pissed. Maybe he subscribes to the Tom Brady motto of the games after Thanksgiving are the only ones that really matter.

12 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

At this point If Adoree is going to play this year, I want them to wait until the playoffs. Same with Clowney TBH Don’t risk reinjury until it’s win or go home. 

I think you’d have to give him some live reps before the playoffs. Maybe not a full game, but he’s going to have to knock off the rust. 

Early wins make such a difference to teams in their preparation for playoffs.

The Titans can, and will, be patient with guys returning from injuries over the next few weeks.  

With only 1 team getting a bye this season and the #1 (and #2) seeds probably unattainable for the Titans, it would be a major bonus resting players before the playoffs.

Last year the Titans rested Henry who was carrying a minor injury in Week 16 and that paid off in spades by the time the playoffs rolled around.  It will be super important to be able to do the same thing this year if the Titans can lock up the division.

Having guys like Darrynton Evans, Adoree and Clowney get some game time without being rushed back gives them more options.

The depth on this roster is better than it has ever been and the Titans are building momentum at the right time of year.  They are definitely one of the top 5 chances to win the Super Bowl this year.

21 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

Very happy with how things are going.... But my #1 remaining complaint... WHERE IN THE FUCK IS KEVIN BYARD? Dude is playing like a straight ass. At this point, he needs to be benched and replace roles with Hooker. 

IMO, Byard is much better roaming center field than playing in the box.  Next year, the Titans need to find another guy who can play in the box and cover TEs.  If J. Brown and Vacarro leave, Titans will need a coverage guy or two who aren't CBs.

54 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

At this point If Adoree is going to play this year, I want them to wait until the playoffs. Same with Clowney TBH Don’t risk reinjury until it’s win or go home. 

I dont think it would be wise to throw Adoree in just for the playoffs after missing training camp, no preseason, and the whole season. He will be rusty and wont be quite in football shape. 

The offense looked much more creative, mixing in hurry up and not running the ball every first down.  Henry was a beast, which helps, but I can only hope we find a way to keep Davis because he and Brown are really good together.  I'm not high on Humphries since he can't seem to stay healthy.  

The defense actually looked good after the 1st quarter, and we didn't put anything major on Gostkowski to fuck-up, so that was nice.  

What we saw yesterday was a good team.  I hope it wasn't a fluke.  

12 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

The offense looked much more creative, mixing in hurry up and not running the ball every first down.  Henry was a beast, which helps, but I can only hope we find a way to keep Davis because he and Brown are really good together.  I'm not high on Humphries since he can't seem to stay healthy.  

The defense actually looked good after the 1st quarter, and we didn't put anything major on Gostkowski to fuck-up, so that was nice.  

What we saw yesterday was a good team.  I hope it wasn't a fluke.  

It was definitely the most complete they’ve looked all year. 

The Titans are a seriously fun team to watch. They are in the driver's seat with that win. The Colts have the tougher schedule down the stretch. I'm hoping that the Titans and Colts beat up on the Texans and the Colts lose the rest of their games. Let's get the Dolphins in the playoffs and drop the Texans into a top 10 pick. 

1 hour ago, japan said:

It was obvious that Henry was running with way more intensity yesterday than he has been this season.  Not saying he’s been ‘less than’ for the previous games but I was wondering if Vrabel and crew got him worked up before this game.  He looked like he was running pissed. Maybe he subscribes to the Tom Brady motto of the games after Thanksgiving are the only ones that really matter.

Announcers said that Henry watched the game from two weeks ago and felt he left a lot of yards on the field. I think he wanted to prove something after Indy somewhat shut him down in the first game (yeah, he got 100 yards, but they bottled him up pretty well, for the most part). I think he was running both angry and smart. But let's not shift from the dominant run blocking our OL (and receivers) did.