The Titans defense has turned it around

TitansWycheck89

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some people are too stupid to truly understand what’s happening or why    Know what I mean?

I think Teair Tart is proving he can play in this league. He's made a handful of impact plays the past few games.

I think you have to give the Browns credit here as much as blast the defense.   The Titans didn't suddenly have a good defense, they had an improved defense.    The Browns totally

Posted Images

I told you monkeys long ago that coverage was critical. Everyone thinks that the Dline gets sacks, but it's the DB's that cover for sacks to develop, in the same way that offensive linemen, conversely, cover for pass completions to develop. 

King and Borders. Now if the safeties can start trusting those guys, it will open up a whole new fucking ball game. 

No defense is still very bad. We were done to ravens 21-10 until the offense stepped up and we were allowing the Colts  up and down the field until kern pinned them deep and the Colts dropped passes. This defense if it continues this way will still give up chunks of yards and points. They key has been the offense has scored points. We’ve seen when the offense doesn’t sustain drives defense falls behind like the Bengals game like  the steeler game. 

Edited by Stan

The key to our success is still the offense scoring points and finishing drives with touchdowns allowing the defense to bring pressure and blitz. I’ve noticed we only are blitzing when we are up and hardly ever when we are behind. To me the biggest thing to help this defense will be can this offense continue to score 6. You won’t change my mind otherwise. Offense is our defense. 

The defense is certainly better. Yesterday early Rivers really had some awesome ball placement when the receivers were covered pretty well. After the early drives the Titans really clamped down and the offense got a lead and forced Rivers to have to go down field more. 

Once Vrabel gets a good lead he notoriously plays soft coverages and lets the other team dink and dunk and burn block. He also completely turns to the running game. Vrabel is as opposed to giving up big plays like no one I've ever seen.

The Titans are #1 in give aways, one of the least sacked teams and has a formula that absolutely focuses on not beating themselves. Even with a big lead he's not going to risk anything so you get games like the Bears and yesterday where the other team same some scores late but it's too little because they use so much clock doing it. 

The stats always look worse than the defense actually played. 

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The defense is certainly better. Yesterday early Rivers really had some awesome ball placement when the receivers were covered pretty well. After the early drives the Titans really clamped down and the offense got a lead and forced Rivers to have to go down field more. 

Once Vrabel gets a good lead he notoriously plays soft coverages and lets the other team dink and dunk and burn block. He also completely turns to the running game. Vrabel is as opposed to giving up big plays like no one I've ever seen.

The Titans are #1 in give aways, one of the least sacked teams and has a formula that absolutely focuses on not beating themselves. Even with a big lead he's not going to risk anything so you get games like the Bears and yesterday where the other team same some scores late but it's too little because they use so much clock doing it. 

The stats always look worse than the defense actually played. 

I find myself wondering if Vrabel prefers to blitz when the situation affects the other team's options.

At the beginning of the game teams have their whole playbook, so the Titans keep it basic.  Later on they seem to dial it up.