Breon Borders Appreciation Thread

AJClown

SAY HIS NAME!

The guy has been a great find.  One of the bright spots on defense this year. He also had a good game today.

While it’s a small sample size, Borders is one of three corners in the NFL who has not given up 100 yards in coverage. The other two are established veterans Breshaud Breeland (Kansas City), and Pro Bowler Jimmy Smith (Baltimore Ravens).

Edited by unauthorizedcinnamon

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SAY HIS NAME!   The guy has been a great find.  One of the bright spots on defense this year. He also had a good game today.  

I'd look good out there after Joseph, but this kid has been really solid, glad we have him a shot.   Adding him and King as made a world of difference.  Now we just need Adoree back at full

1 hour ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

SAY HIS NAME!

The guy has been a great find.  One of the bright spots on defense this year. He also had a good game today.

I don't like you at all but I can't say this dude is not one of the best we have defense. Maybe the best after simmons oddly enough.

3 minutes ago, Callidus said:

I don't like you at all but I can't say this dude is not one of the best we have defense. Maybe the best after simmons oddly enough.

What a lame call out, you aren't even truthful about the target of your nonsense

10 minutes ago, NFL2K5 said:

LOL There are a few miserable people on this board. Honestly I hang around to laugh at them and make fun of them. They often quote me trying to pick a fight and I'm just laughing. He is one of them. His life sucks. Don't pay some of them no attention. Some people just hate themselves so they take it out on others lol. There are some quality posters on here that just want to talk Football. 

Every one of his posts screams insecurity. Bet he drives a hummer, or if he couldn't afford it, some bigass truck with oversize tires, which he cannot enter without climbing a little ladder.

He's also allowed them to be conservative with Jackson coming back from injury.

I really like how borders, butler and king are playing right now and do not think vrabel should make a change just because Jackson is healthy.  Aside from ST, I think Vrabel is pretty good a managing the roster so I'm not too concerned but it's def something I've been thinking about 

2 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

He's also allowed them to be conservative with Jackson coming back from injury.

I really like how borders, butler and king are playing right now and do not think vrabel should make a change just because Jackson is healthy.  Aside from ST, I think Vrabel is pretty good a managing the roster so I'm not too concerned but it's def something I've been thinking about 

Adoree will play as soon as he is ready, regardless of Borders. 

5 hours ago, tgo said:

Adoree will play as soon as he is ready, regardless of Borders. 

The fact we have to keep saying this is mind blowing. Borders has been a pleasant find but Jackson is one of the better CBs in the league and Butler is a decent #2. Borders is about to get demoted to the 4th CB which is a good thing.

4 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The fact we have to keep saying this is mind blowing. Borders has been a pleasant find but Jackson is one of the better CBs in the league and Butler is a decent #2. Borders is about to get demoted to the 4th CB which is a good thing.

Him playing like this definitely sets him up to have a chance at the #2 next year.

I still think we at least talk to Butler about taking a significant pay cut. When that probably doesn’t work you let Fulton and Borders battle it out on the other side of Jackson. 

Signing King is a no-brainer. 

I disagree that re-signing King is a no-brainer btw. 

I need to see a lot more. And I don't think the ultimate goal of this defensive staff is to play primarily zone coverage either. 

His limitations are enough that it gives me pause about whether he could be upgraded this offseason. Obviously he's been a big upgrade for us. But he's almost a safety tweener and there is a reason he was demoted and they signed Chris Harris Jr to play his position when he was already rostered and "proven." 

I'm kind of leaning toward wanting to see them sign Kerrigan to play that big OLB spot and then drafting Shaun Wade at the back of the first round to play nickel. Then with the 2nd rounder and two thirds you could draft WR/DL/OLB

In that scenario, the starting corners would be Adoree Jackson, Kristian Fulton outside and then Wade at nickel. You could play a variation of coverages with this group, including press man coverage. 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

I disagree that re-signing King is a no-brainer btw. 

I need to see a lot more. And I don't think the ultimate goal of this defensive staff is to play primarily zone coverage either. 

His limitations are enough that it gives me pause about whether he could be upgraded this offseason. Obviously he's been a big upgrade for us. But he's almost a safety tweener and there is a reason he was demoted and they signed Chris Harris Jr to play his position when he was already rostered and "proven." 

I'm kind of leaning toward wanting to see them sign Kerrigan to play that big OLB spot and then drafting Shaun Wade at the back of the first round to play nickel. Then with the 2nd rounder and two thirds you could draft WR/DL/OLB

In that scenario, the starting corners would be Adoree Jackson, Kristian Fulton outside and then Wade at nickel. You could play a variation of coverages with this group, including press man coverage. 

I guarantee nothing anymore - need several good DB's on the roster. Going into next year with two unproven guys in the secondary isn't a super wise decision. I know the cap aspect may have a part to play in it, but suffice to say since adding King to the roster the secondary has played a ton better. King also has been really good in the run game as well. Lined up almost as a DE in the Baltimore game. You are definitely right that we need to see how he plays through the duration of the season, but if he continues playing as well as he has then smart money is re-signing him to team friendly deal.