TitansGuru

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally collected them all. LFG.

I'm really hopeful they cut Humphries and keep Davis with the lower salary cap next year.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

Maybe we should just put him on ir instead of babying him every week. He takes too many chances. 

Without Clowney and Beasley, they were forced to rotate more edge guys, rush Evans at times, and blitz more.

Our rush still isn’t very good, but it’s been better.

Clowney is a high motor, general  pressure guy...not a sack/edge rush guy.  When he’s playing he’s in for 90% of the snaps.  We can see now that we just can’t afford to give up any edge rush (as only marginally better as it is) to him for 90% of the game.

We’ll see how he can fit in with more recent schemes, perhaps just rotating in for 40% of the snaps in addition to blitzes, when he comes back.

But he is obviously not worth 12-13 million.

Edited by 2ToneTerror

8 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

SAY HIS NAME NATE DAVIS, not "the right guard." Davis is looking like a stellar find by the Titans scouts and great OL development coaching.

He’s having a borderline Pro Bowl type season. If they keep Saffold, his contract should be up just in time to retain Nate Davis. 

8 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Number 1 priority this offseason is keeping the physical freakshow identity of the offense, keep the NFL's best IOL intact and workout a way to bring back both Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith.

Yeah Davis went from a guy who seemed like a goner to a guy I'd really hate to lose now just as he's starting to finally pan out

Just now, socaltitan said:

Yeah Davis went from a guy who seemed like a goner to a guy I'd really hate to lose now just as he's starting to finally pan out

He always had the talent just a matter of finding rhythm with a QB.

There is no doubt the NFL is an offensive based league now JRob needs to do everything possible to keep together this collection of physical freaks that simply wears down teams the longer the season goes on.

Yea I'm absolutely prioritizing Corey over someone like Jayon at this point if it came down to it. Possibly both if we get out of Hump or Malcolm's contract.

It's insane that Byard has almost become our worst long term contract. I'd rather pay both Jayon and Corey (and Jonnu) and draft another safety in the first two rounds if it were possible.

24 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Number 1 priority this offseason is keeping the physical freakshow identity of the offense, keep the NFL's best IOL intact and workout a way to bring back both Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith.

Definitely Jonnu but we will be very hard pressed to keep Davis, even if we jettison Humphries. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic