Vrabel - David Long is "large part of the plan going forward"

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Long closes on ball carriers unlike any other defender on the team and that includes the DBs. Kid flies around like his head is on fire. I've been ready to see him for weeks. It's really too bad the L

He's been great. I think when he's played he's done everything asked of him. He just can't stay healthy. 

Dudes instincts are off the charts, and when he sees it his closing speed is unreal.  I'm excited about his future here.      

Long should obviously be starting now that Brown is out.

Heading into last week's game I wanted him to play more in Evans's spot and have Evans take more snaps at OLB. Obviously that’s not happening anymore with Brown done for the season. But they need to give Long lots of playing time once he's off the COVID list.

24 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

I think the injury to Brown is going to make it easy to walk away from Brown because I think Long is going to be a better player once he gets his shot.

I don’t think he was coming back before the injury but you are correct. 

After a relatively stable roster from the 2019 season into the 2020 season there is going to be quite a few starters moving on after this season.

Defensively the following starters could all be gone

- Butler

- Vaccaro

- Brown

- Clowney

- Jones (do hope they can bring Jones back but the salary cap is going to be a huge issue next season)

- Crawford

On Offense the following guys are likely gone

- Davis (IMO they should trade Humphries and keep Davis)

- Kelly

Do think given his contract and injury history in his time here that JRob should try and trade Humphries to the Patriots who fought hard to sign him in free agency and actually offered him more money after he agreed to terms with the Titans.

I've always thought he was a good player who needed a shot to play. He looked really good in the 10 or so snaps he played against the bills and last year as well. I think he'll be better than Tulloch and Williamson, but maybe there's a reason the staff couldn't find a spot for him prior to the Jayon injury. Time will tell, but I'm excited to see him play! 

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

After a relatively stable roster from the 2019 season into the 2020 season there is going to be quite a few starters moving on after this season.

Defensively the following starters could all be gone

- Butler

- Vaccaro

- Brown

- Clowney

- Jones (do hope they can bring Jones back but the salary cap is going to be a huge issue next season)

- Crawford

On Offense the following guys are likely gone

- Davis (IMO they should trade Humphries and keep Davis)

- Kelly

Do think given his contract and injury history in his time here that JRob should try and trade Humphries to the Patriots who fought hard to sign him in free agency and actually offered him more money after he agreed to terms with the Titans.

Jones would be nice to get back, but the others likely gone and I don't think any of them will be that significant of a loss.  I mean, after the way we've played this year, I hope we revamp the entire defense.  Keep King and Hooker (Iowa boys, both) draft defense early and often, and build around Jeff.  Fulton will be here, and if Adoree lives through whatever knee issue he has, he'll be back too.  I would look at CB in 1, although if a pass rusher drops than we could go that route. 

Personally, I wish there was a way to keep Butler. He’s a strong #2 CB (albeit not at his cap number) and has the edge we need more of on the defense. I’m also a Daquan Jones guy, but it depends on the number. 

I want to see a lot of David Long the next month and a half to see what we have there. It would be nice to have one of the MLB spots figured out since Evans looks like a future OLB

1 hour ago, AvgJoe said:

Personally, I wish there was a way to keep Butler. He’s a strong #2 CB (albeit not at his cap number) and has the edge we need more of on the defense. I’m also a Daquan Jones guy, but it depends on the number. 

Both are good players but also the types you have to move on from in the cap era 

Let Butler go, Fulton replaces him and you keep King

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Both are good players but also the types you have to move on from in the cap era 

Let Butler go, Fulton replaces him and you keep King

Highly unlikely that either Butler or Da’Quan are part of the 2021 Titans. Love both players, but that’s life in the modern NFL.