Who is watching Tyson v. Jones Jr. ?

abenjami

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

What a horrible fight. Jones just clinched non stop and never tried to win. Tyson landed a few, and I mean a few punches.

Then they call it a draw 

Yeah that was no way a draw. Totally rigged. Even though Tyson didn’t look completely dominate, he would have unanimously won that if it weren’t rigged. If it wasn’t an exhibition he would have knocked Roy out in the first round. 

LOL at what a complete joke that was.  So glad I didn't pay for it.

8 rounds of only 2 minutes each?  That's less than 50% of a real fight and a lot shorter when the ref just lets them hug each other.

That fight was the epitome of why boxing disappeared and MMA took over.  They should have fought until someone got knocked out, no matter how long it took.

6 hours ago, abenjami said:

LOL at what a complete joke that was.  So glad I didn't pay for it.

8 rounds of only 2 minutes each?  That's less than 50% of a real fight and a lot shorter when the ref just lets them hug each other.

That fight was the epitome of why boxing disappeared and MMA took over.  They should have fought until someone got knocked out, no matter how long it took.

They actually had a no knockout clause in the contract from what I’ve seen online. The ring was also shrunken down from regulation size. 

6 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

RJJ was there to collect a paycheck. He was never in there to really fight Tyson. 

I want to see Tyson face someone who actually wants to knock him out. 

Tyson said he was going to keep training and he absolutely was fighting again. 

5 hours ago, abenjami said:

I also didn't understand why no one cut RJJ's gloves off after the fight.

I was watching the post-fight interviews with Jim Grey and hoping Tyson started punching him.

Maybe they didn’t cut them off so he could mention they were for Kobe in the post fight interview. 

17 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Tyson said he was going to keep training and he absolutely was fighting again. 

He was clearly better than Roy Jones Jr but he still looked a complete shell of himself. He can't fight real fighters now

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

He was clearly better than Roy Jones Jr but he still looked a complete shell of himself. He can't fight real fighters now

He doesn’t want to fight real fighters. He was also asked if he would fight for a title if he could get a license and he said he didn’t want to get a license. He said he’s a humanitarian now and charity is more important than titles. 

8 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

He doesn’t want to fight real fighters. He was also asked if he would fight for a title if he could get a license and he said he didn’t want to get a license. He said he’s a humanitarian now and charity is more important than titles. 

Oh OK.....

I was surprised how much Tyson had slipped physically. I know he's 54 but he honestly looked much older than that. In some of his training videos he looked a lot more muscular I thought. 

Of course I just read Roy Jones is an idiot who's completely broke and in debt. His dad started a GoFund me page to try and raise the taxes to stay in the house his son bought him.......lol 

These athletes are so God Damn stupid 

16 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Of course I just read Roy Jones is an idiot who's completely broke and in debt. His dad started a GoFund me page to try and raise the taxes to stay in the house his son bought him.......lol 

These athletes are so God Damn stupid 

My favorite part is how RJJ always gives 3-4 shouts out to "Pensacola" as if anyone gives a fuck about a shit town in Florida.

On 11/28/2020 at 11:52 PM, heyitsmeallen said:

Yeah that was no way a draw. Totally rigged. Even though Tyson didn’t look completely dominate, he would have unanimously won that if it weren’t rigged.

You saying boxing is rigged? Next thing you'll be saying that pro wrestling is rigged too.....:rolleyes: