Jonboy

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol at this thread. 

Well it just happened less than 5 weeks ago....   But yeah I probably would’ve remembered it had it happened 15 years ago as well.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Its always cute when you misuse data in an attempt to prove your homeristic takes. By the nature of the position Murray is a much bigger draw despite not having a historical playoff run from 2019 to generate interest. Henry isn't even the best player on his own team.

10 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Its always cute when you misuse data in an attempt to prove your homeristic takes. By the nature of the position Murray is a much bigger draw despite not having a historical playoff run from 2019 to generate interest. Henry isn't even the best player on his own team.

Henry is easily the most popular Titan and until Brown gets more exposure, is easily the biggest star on the team. I get that Murray is a QB but that in and of itself doesn't make him a bigger draw as I'm sure Henry is a bigger draw than a lot of QBs right now. The Cardinals are just starting to taste success this season and haven't been on the playoffs in years. Aside from being a QB and fairly hyped college prospect, I can't see how he's more of a draw than Henry. 

That said, I do agree that the Rams/Cardinals game is likely a bigger draw and honestly a more fun game to watch but that's due to the way both teams play on offense and the fact that the Browns literally have 0 stars. If Henry is the biggest star from both your teams, that's just not that impressive. 

41 minutes ago, oldschool said:

As Mythos already said, there's more to it than simply the "durrrr QB > RB" hill you live on.  

The Titans are building from playoff attention and the viral plays that Henry creates every week.  Murray and the Cardinals offense is exciting, sure, but that team is below even the Titans in general football fan recognition.  

This isn't a question of your opinion of who you think is best on a team.  This is fan appeal.  By your extremely faulty logic, you think any QB is the better draw than Henry.  Henry gets the most attention of any Titan (yes, more than your golden QB).  Non-Titans fans think of Henry first and foremost every single time the Titans are talked about.  This gets reinforced every week, too.  I know you don't value what announcers say, but the viewers of these games (you know, where ratings come from), do listen to them.  And what do they say every week?  Henry, Henry, Henry.  As such, Henry's popularity across the league (regardless of your opinion of him) is greater than the other Titans players and also greater than Kyler Murray.  

21 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

As Mythos already said, there's more to it than simply the "durrrr QB > RB" hill you live on.  

The Titans are building from playoff attention and the viral plays that Henry creates every week.  Murray and the Cardinals offense is exciting, sure, but that team is below even the Titans in general football fan recognition.  

This isn't a question of your opinion of who you think is best on a team.  This is fan appeal.  By your extremely faulty logic, you think any QB is the better draw than Henry.  Henry gets the most attention of any Titan (yes, more than your golden QB).  Non-Titans fans think of Henry first and foremost every single time the Titans are talked about.  This gets reinforced every week, too.  I know you don't value what announcers say, but the viewers of these games (you know, where ratings come from), do listen to them.  And what do they say every week?  Henry, Henry, Henry.  As such, Henry's popularity across the league (regardless of your opinion of him) is greater than the other Titans players and also greater than Kyler Murray.  

Not sure I agree with you there.  I think the Titans are at or near the bottom for NFL recognition.  Arizona may be low but I don't think they're as low as the Titans.  Can you run the same thing you ran before to see who gets more hits?

Edit:  Nevermind, I ran it myself and the Titans had way more hits than the Cardinals.  But I think that's because of the playoff run.  I bet if you looked at it a year ago AZ would've won.

Edited by scine09

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Not sure I agree with you there.  I think the Titans are at or near the bottom for NFL recognition.  Arizona may be low but I don't think they're as low as the Titans.  Can you run the same thing you ran before to see who gets more hits?

Edit:  Nevermind, I ran it myself and the Titans had way more hits than the Cardinals.  But I think that's because of the playoff run.  I bet if you looked at it a year ago AZ would've won.

You're probably right about a year ago or so.  But the discussion is who is the bigger draw in a couple weeks for a possible flexed game.  

1 minute ago, CreepingDeath said:

You're probably right about a year ago or so.  But the discussion is who is the bigger draw in a couple weeks for a possible flexed game.  

I just ran it for the past 90 days and it was basically an even split.

Today's The Ringer article:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/11/24/21612331/power-rankings-week-11-saints-titans-dolphins  

With the Titans back in their top tier of teams, let's give a little analysis of what the website did.

1) Visually, they lead with Derrick Henry in the splash graphic.

2)  The Titans are the second item (following the more popular and higher-ranked Saints) and it focuses on the RB.  

3)  Just read the piece.  It's all Henry and building on his reputation with fans.

Oldschool will rage after reading it.  But that's just a bonus.  Yes, the author mentions Tannehill in passing (ha - puns are great) and gives credits to the rest of the offense.  But this is at the end of the article.  NFL fans want to read about Henry.  He's the main attraction.  

5 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I just ran it for the past 90 days and it was basically an even split.

I imagine what happens this week will have the greatest affect.  Historically, the Titans and Cards are tiny markets that need something special to make them flex-worthy.  Browns get undeserved national attention.  The Rams should have national attention, but my understanding is that they don't bring the numbers like other large-market teams.  

10 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Rams-Cards could be for the division lead.

That's true.  I think that would hold more weight for a division that is a media-darling (NFC East, AFC North) or with very popular teams (Chiefs, Saints, Packers, Patriots).  The Cards and Rams are the less popular teams in that division.  

4 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

I imagine what happens this week will have the greatest affect.  Historically, the Titans and Cards are tiny markets that need something special to make them flex-worthy.  Browns get undeserved national attention.  The Rams should have national attention, but my understanding is that they don't bring the numbers like other large-market teams.  

They’re technically supposed to make the decision 13 days before the game, which was yesterday.  I suppose maybe they relaxed it because of Covid. 

14 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Today's The Ringer article:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/11/24/21612331/power-rankings-week-11-saints-titans-dolphins  

With the Titans back in their top tier of teams, let's give a little analysis of what the website did.

1) Visually, they lead with Derrick Henry in the splash graphic.

2)  The Titans are the second item (following the more popular and higher-ranked Saints) and it focuses on the RB.  

3)  Just read the piece.  It's all Henry and building on his reputation with fans.

Oldschool will rage after reading it.  But that's just a bonus.  Yes, the author mentions Tannehill in passing (ha - puns are great) and gives credits to the rest of the offense.  But this is at the end of the article.  NFL fans want to read about Henry.  He's the main attraction.  

Not surprising you hang onto bad sports journalism. Anyone who thinks it was Henry that brought the Titans back last sunday is a fool, a homer, or both. We know you fit both.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

They’re technically supposed to make the decision 13 days before the game, which was yesterday.  I suppose maybe they relaxed it because of Covid. 

If the Titans don't get Flexed for this game, the rest of our schedule isn't flex-worthy.  The Packers game is already a Prime-Time game.  

The Browns have a Thursday (Ravens) and end the season vs the Steelers (might be resting starters).

The Rams play the Patriots on Sunday Night the week after the Cards game.  They then end the season vs the Seahawks and Cards in the final two weeks.

The Cards, as mentioned above, end the season vs the Rams.  

--

So both the Browns and Rams (the bigger market teams) already have prime-time games coming up.  The Browns, however, might be more interesting for a Sunday Night game, though.  

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Not surprising you hang onto bad sports journalism. Anyone who thinks it was Henry that brought the Titans back last sunday is a fool, a homer, or both. We know you fit both.

READING COMPREHENSION.

Try it sometime.

This is about getting the attention of non-Titans fans.  Jesus Christ are you fucking dense.  

Just take the loss, Oldschool.  You lost.